Installing Windows phone 8.1 on 1520

chris800

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,
If i go ahead and purchase the 1520 now, do you Think it will come preinstalled with Windows phone 8.1?
If not, can it be installed from the computer?
I know the Over the Air updates, but was just wondering.
Many thanks!

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It won't come installed with 8.1 as of yet. You can only get it via the developer preview program, which is an OTA update. I don't know if any way to get it on your device using a computer. You might be able to flash it with the Nokia recovery tool, if you find a ROM somewhere. But why would you do that?

fkiehner

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I picked up a 1520 last week and it did not have 8.1 on it. I installed 8.1 dev on it using the instructions found on WPC and it is working fine. Just did the install of the update OTA and it went smoothly. Didn't have to use the computer for either update.

chris800

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I picked up a 1520 last week and it did not have 8.1 on it. I installed 8.1 dev on it using the instructions found on WPC and it is working fine. Just did the install of the update OTA and it went smoothly. Didn't have to use the computer for either update.
Well, I want to use Narrator, the screen reader for visually impaired and that is only in 8.1. So its therefor I was wondering if there was some other way of instaling it.
Are there many steps involved?

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, I want to use Narrator, the screen reader for visually impaired and that is only in 8.1. So its therefor I was wondering if there was some other way of instaling it.
Are there many steps involved?

NO - 3 major steps:

• Register as a DEV @ App Studio
  • Install Windows Phone Preview for Developers
  • Check Phone Updates & install the updates

Search this forum, it's been covered multiple times (with specifics) :cool::shocked::cool:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-read-first-post-before-asking-questions.html

chris800

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
So now I got the phone but it keeps restarting every 5 second or so, even if the charger is connected.
It shows Nokia and then, if not charger is connected, it goes dark.
I have not installed SIMcard as of yet.
Is this a damaged device?

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
So now I got the phone but it keeps restarting every 5 second or so, even if the charger is connected.

I would say yes... Send it back.... I've had mine for a couple months, and it hasn't restarted on it's own even once. So return the phone, you can't use it if it keeps restarting

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I would try the hard reset and if the situation does not improve then take it back and get another one. I got 1520 on Thursday afternoon after my 920 malfunctioned (apparently the main board went bad). Installed 8.1 Friday (I had installed the 8.1 preview on my 920 so I did the same on the 1520. The process went faster on the 1520 than the 920 by about half the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss