From APAC AU to AT&T after flashing with 'Nokia Software Recovery Tool'

way_un

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
My phone was an AT&T Lumia 520 , and I flashed it with "059S340 RM-915 VAR APAC AU CV" successfully few months ago with Amber update. Then I updated it to Black. No problem was there for months. But later I noticed, sometimes after the unlock screen, phone hangs on a screen where tiles are missing (but time, network etc are there on top) for few seconds and sometimes it take 10 seconds or more to load the start screen tiles.

So I tried to reinstall the OS with "Nokia Software Recovery Tool" and it showed "Software package not available for this phone" message finally. Then I tried with "My phone does not start up or respond" option and it went well, downloaded the package and installed it without no problem.

But when the phone restarted it has been rolled back to AT&T Black update, which means "Nokia Software Recovery Tool" has downloaded the package for the original AT&T product and not for the APAC AU CV.

01. I wonder what went wrong, or is this normal (original product code can't be changed) and can't be avoided
02. What could be the cause for the start screen with missing all the tiles after the unlock screen

Please help me guys :)

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
It's tricky with the Software Recovery Tool, there isn't much flexibility with it and it's straightforward.

If the product code of the software on your phone does not match the product code of the hardware, it will show "Software package not available for this phone". And if you do choose "My phone does not start up or respond", it will disregard the software product code and uses the hardware product code instead as reference to correctly download the backup firmware.

This is why I still have NCS. I can flash anything I want.

For the second question, it could just be taking its time to load the tiles and system resources.

way_un

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Does that mean its product code is hard coded? :(

For the second question, this is happening three or four times a day. Sometimes I need to wait 10 seconds or more, looking for the tiles to load in order to make a call. And surprisingly after reinstalling the OS (I used NCS and re-flashed to APAC AU CV again with the black update) I faced the same problem within 24 hrs :( Any idea?

And thanks for the reply dude!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa