06-06-2014 10:59 PM
37 12
tools
    https://community.vodafone.ie/t5/Nok...de/td-p/151153

Well you're beta testing so if the beta/developer preview damaged the phone then yes it would void the warranty as it's not official. The chances of it doing damage that isn't repairable by reinstalling an official release though would have to be low enough, although yes there is a risk.
    Here we go with the word "beta" again. I don't think the word beta is used anywhere in any of the developer preview documents. Unless I am wrong.
    06-05-2014 01:46 PM
    Here we go with the word "beta" again. I don't think the word beta is used anywhere in any of the developer preview documents. Unless I am wrong.
    The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release and this is typically the first time that the software is available outside of the organization that developed it.
    Beta version software is often useful for demonstrations and previews within an organization and to prospective customers. Some developers refer to this stage as a preview, prototype, technical preview (TP), or early access. Some software is kept in perpetual beta—where new features and functionality are continually added to the software without establishing a firm "final" release.

Software release life cycle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looks like the DP and beta are pretty the same.
    06-05-2014 01:51 PM
    So according to that since we already have the developer preview we will only get the cyan update. I don't agree with some that are saying the DP is "beta" . This kind of confirms that. If it were "beta" then we'd be getting the final first. Hopefully the cyan upgrade will fix our issues.
    06-05-2014 02:41 PM
    Originally Posted by Dario Federico View Post
    Developer preview doesn't void the warranty
    Yea it does buddy
    read this gents.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...et-bottom.html
    06-05-2014 04:35 PM
    can you give us a link please
    its from d one microsoft fb group
    heres d link : https://www.facebook.com/OneMicrosoftgroup
    check d 1st post
    06-06-2014 12:02 AM
    Hey... I know I am asking a question out of the topic but can someone tell me how to start a forum or discussion on wpcentral app or website...

Open any related forum which you want and there you will get an option to add a new thread
    06-06-2014 12:12 AM
    WP 8.1 releasing this month confirmed....today went to Nokia care...they told will comes this month...size will be nearly one gb
    ..not 100% sure ...from India.....
    06-06-2014 03:17 AM
    coming soon as in July/August

OP was full of it.

Vodafone has not even received the 8.1 for testing.

Their Eta for receival of 8.1 for TESTING is late june/ early july

Software Update Weekly Wrap - 5th June 2014 - Vodafone Community - 341061

For those that value no BS
    06-06-2014 03:36 AM
    AT&T says it does not
    06-06-2014 04:28 AM
    I don't recall "beta" being used. However in the Terms and Conditions it states: "Non-Commercial Quality. The Deliverables may be prerelease and may not be compatible or work as well as a commercial, retail offering. The Deliverables may not work correctly and are not intended as a substitute for your primary means of telecommunications."

Which sounds an awful lot like a beta release. It also warned you of that last part "not intended as a substitute for you primary means of telecommunications" blatantly during the sign up process. I remembered that, but a quick search found it also in the terms and conditions.
    06-06-2014 06:49 AM
    The Deliverables may not work correctly and are not intended as a substitute for your primary means of telecommunications."

Which sounds an awful lot like a beta release.
    No. The preview is far past the beta stage. The preview is fully tested and feature complete. Feedback isn't intended to make its way into the this version of WP, but rather into WP8.1 update 1. The only exceptions are show stopping bugs that limit the usability of a device, which MS hopes don't exist, but might (and did).

What people can't wrap their head around, is that the OS can be absolutely perfect, yet still offer a flaky experience, because our devices still have the 8.0 firmware. That will only change after OEMs release their firmware. Until that happens, many problems will remain, no matter how good the OS is. That is what the text you quoted is refering to.

The term "beta" denotes the purpose of a specific version of a software product, not necessarily the reliability thereof. The WP8.1 preview doesn't serve the same purpose as beta software.
    06-06-2014 07:37 AM
    UPDATE: I just used the Nokia Software Recovery Tool and it was so easy. It wiped my phone completely and reinstalled 8.0. It was TOO easy. Now I will send my defective phone back with no stress or worry about the warranty.
    Will6371 likes this.
    06-06-2014 10:59 PM
37 12