Wp 8.1 update coming soon

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Vodafone Australia confirmed rollout of wp8.1 from mid to end of this month...so globally i think update will be rolled out in same time..,,source windows mobile power user .....💃💃

Last edited:

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Vodafone Australia confirmed update on wp8.1 from mid to end of this month...so globally i think update will be rolled out in same time..,,source windows mobile power user .....💃💃

There was a big update last Monday (two days ago). Have you checked your phone?

mojo321

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I need the official rollout NOW.

The dreaded Sim card issue has decided to move in. Meanwhile, I am on preview for developers, which voids the warranty. So you and I both know that the 8.1 preview has nothing to do with the Sim card issue, but it doesn't matter. If they would roll out the official update, then I would be back into warranty and I could RMA this thing.

This has been a glowing endorsement of reasons NOT to use preview for developers...

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yea it does buddy

Correct me, if I'm wrong, but I'm quite certain Joe Belfiore posted on Twitter that it actually doesn't void your warranty. Didn't even WPC write an article about that?
But even if it did, as long as you're using a Nokia, you're good, since you can restore your device back to WP 8.0 using the Nokia Tools.

Aryan Salooja

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey... I know I am asking a question out of the topic but can someone tell me how to start a forum or discussion on wpcentral app or website...

mojo321

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Oh PLEASE tell me this is true! I am going to look into this Nokia tools thing. I thought I read there was no going back?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh PLEASE tell me this is true! I am going to look into this Nokia tools thing. I thought I read there was no going back?

If you're using a Nokia, it's no problem at all. The tool will flash the WP 8.0 ROM to your device and you're good. You should be aware though that it'll wipe your device.

mojo321

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
This is making my day! I really don't want to take any chances on these guys making me pay for a new phone, so I do want to flash it back to 8.0. But I am having a hard time finding the tool you are talking about. Do I need to get an app? Or is it a computer download that I have to plug in through USB?

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
This is making my day! I really don't want to take any chances on these guys making me pay for a new phone, so I do want to flash it back to 8.0. But I am having a hard time finding the tool you are talking about. Do I need to get an app? Or is it a computer download that I have to plug in through USB?

Yes it is, Bing or Google "Nokia software updater for retail" and download it and plug your phone into it and follow the instructions on screen.

mojo321

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Using developer preview does not void your warranty as confirmed by Joe Belfoire as well as WPCentral forums. :)

OK, I am going to not bother with flashing back then. I will be another test case for returning a Nokia under manufacturer warranty with Preview for developers. I'll let you know how it goes. I took the phone in to Verizon and they tried a new SIM card and it didn't work, so they set up the RMA right there. My phone is 2 months old and was never dropped. Nokia is going to send me a new phone with a return package for my old phone. My fear was that I would get a bill in August after they do their analysis. If they don't do that crap, I will be a happy Windows phone guy again. This is a make or break for me.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Correct me, if I'm wrong, but I'm quite certain Joe Belfiore posted on Twitter that it actually doesn't void your warranty. Didn't even WPC write an article about that?
But even if it did, as long as you're using a Nokia, you're good, since you can restore your device back to WP 8.0 using the Nokia Tools.

Yea there was a post written on WP central about the developers preview and it was mentioned that it voids your warranty. You can check this out with any service centre bro 😉
I am sorry I forgot to mention that it voids your operator warranty...not your phone 😉

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon