Want to sell my PC but how do I take my MS account off it?

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean user? Like when the PC starts you see a Julie Packer and then you click on it and you enter a password and it will go to your desktop?

Snow Wight

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes and no.......I bought the PC as a Win 7 machine but got a code from MS to upgrade to Win 8. I now want to see the machine but can't factory reset as it says it can't find the files. I can't sell it with my account and files on. I am starting to think I just won't be able to sell it at this point lol.

Eric Mahler

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
2. Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
3. Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
2. Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
3. Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.

I don't think this will work because She started with Win 7. The OEM probably partition the hard drive for recovery boot of Win 7.

She upgrade to Win 8. If she restore from recovery partition it will be Win 7.

But its worth a try.

Snow Wight

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I have tried that and it says 'Some files are missing......'. I don't have a disc with Win 8 on or Win 7 so I think I might be up that well known creek without a paddle!

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
this happened with me and my Samsung slate 7. I took it to a Microsoft store, and they helped me create a install disc on a usb drive. If you're anywhere near one, I would highly suggest taking the device there, if it's possible...

Snow Wight

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I gave up and rolled it back to Windows 7, which was on the partition. I have a buyer who is happy with that. Thanks for all the help though. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3