Error Adding Google Account

dabs1710

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I just updated my Lumia 1020 to WP8.1 and since then I am having issues with my gmail account. I have seen other people's posts where their contacts don't sync etc, but I can't even get my phone to connect to google.

Settings - email+accounts - add an account - Google

I get the following screen, and when I press continue, it tries to connect but nothing happens and it returns to the same screen. I have tried to hit continue 10 times now, Nothing. I restarted the phone and then tried it, Nothing. I don't have any other google account setup. Any ideas???

Iwp_ss_20140604_0002.png

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
If you've previously had that phone connected to a Google account it may be worth revoking its access in whichever Google control panel that setting lives. Then re-try on the phone.
I just set up a new Google account on my 1020 the other day with no issues. But the phone had never been connected to anything Google before.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Is it stuck on the two step verification? Log in to your google account on your PC and make sure they're not asking you to create a new password. Also see if your phone number is associated with it where they can text your secondary "code" to your phone to log in.

dabs1710

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Its not even reaching the 2-step verification page. Its basically stuck at the page in the screenshot. I click "CONTINUE", the screen goes blank, I see the dots flying in (the equivalent of the rolling circle on a PC) and then land back on the same screen. Nothing happens beyond that.

Vunzz

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Have you ever been able to fix this problem?
I am having exactly the same problem on my brand new Lumia 625 win WP 8.1.

PopWarner55

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Just bought a new 1520, first thing I did was upgrade to 8.1. Then when trying to add my Google email, I get the exact same thing. Anybody have any solutions?

PopWarner55

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Its not even reaching the 2-step verification page. Its basically stuck at the page in the screenshot. I click "CONTINUE", the screen goes blank, I see the dots flying in (the equivalent of the rolling circle on a PC) and then land back on the same screen. Nothing happens beyond that.

Any solution ever work for you? Having the exact same problem.

PopWarner55

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Found the resolution. After the upgrade to 8.1, my date and time were all incorrect. Once I manually fixed this issue (not sure why I didn't notice to begin with), I was able to proceed beyond the flashing screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon