OCD: some apps have bigger tiles than others

octionut

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I discovered this today by randomly scrolling on my startscreen. I know I might seem crazy :grin: but since I found this it's been bothering me a lot (just because I know it's there, not visually bothering). Just look at the guidelines in the attached picture; you can clearly see that the Twitter and Cortana tiles are 2px taller and 2px wider than the other tiles. I'm not sure if it's just my phone or if it's every other phone but anyway, here is the picture: WTF.png

octionut

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I am using a Lumia 520. And I found more apps that do this. It may be just my phone though. starts.png

Last edited:

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
It maybe some issue related to your devices resolution. Or to fit apps the Os may make the necessary changes in tile size. Never noticed such a thing, if such a feature would have existed I think it shouldvhave been found out already

octionut

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Try to align the row with Internet Explorer, Music, NewsSpot and the other ones with the top of your startscreen. I mean scroll until there is no space visible between the top of the display and just one of the apps. For me, the music tile and the weather tile look bigger.

I mean like this: wp_ss_20140605_0002.png

octionut

May 9, 2013
Visit site
This started to get interesting. I removed the background picture and all the tiles are how and where they should be. Put it back on and they are again different sizes. (and no, I'm definitely not hallucinating :grin:)

Robbed Time

May 22, 2013
Visit site
That is weird. I also have different sized tiles on my 820. Thanks for pointing this out. Now how I am going to get to sleep tonight worrying about it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb