Nokia Mix Radio

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
...on 8.1 still has all my album art carried over from the update, whereas Xbox Music doesn't. Where exactly is Nokia Mix Radio on 8.1 pulling the album art from? And if the album art was actually missing on that app, it wouldn't be fixable? I'm afraid to resync my music because the album art might not show up again, and I won't be able to get it on there.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The Nokia Mix Radio app shows the same album art on the desktop Windows 8 app. I have no idea where it gets the art from, however.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
The Nokia Mix Radio app shows the same album art on the desktop Windows 8 app. I have no idea where it gets the art from, however.
...on 8.1 still has all my album art carried over from the update, whereas Xbox Music doesn't. Where exactly is Nokia Mix Radio on 8.1 pulling the album art from? And if the album art was actually missing on that app, it wouldn't be fixable? I'm afraid to resync my music because the album art might not show up again, and I won't be able to get it on there.

Here is the procedure
Connect phone to PC. Browse to the phone storage > enable hidden items from view (win 7 users can do it from folder options) and browse to music...
You can see the album folder artist folder etc...art images get saved in the album folder check my screenshot it shows you the album art properties of a song.and its 0 bytes in size 😉

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm not sure where MixRadio gets its art from.
But I can tell you where Xbox Music doesn't get its art from - the files themselves. All of my tracks are meticulously correctly tagged/named/art-ed yet Xbox Music refuses to show most of the album art.

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure where MixRadio gets its art from.
But I can tell you where Xbox Music doesn't get its art from - the files themselves. All of my tracks are meticulously correctly tagged/named/art-ed yet Xbox Music refuses to show most of the album art.

Then I don't know what your phone does - on my phone, it displays everything exactly how I inserted it in Mp3tag. Have you turned off the option of "display streamed music" or however it's called?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Yep that's turned off. And all tracks had album art added by MP3tag. And they all display fine on any other player I've every tried them on. In the sea of Xbox Music bugs/annoyances, this is way down my list.

simon.b

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Xbox music does show album art thats embedded in your mp3 files. There just seem to be some restrictions regarding the size or file size of the image. I have no idea what these are, but for some files I could see the album art when I downsized and reembedded it.

Pranjal Rai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Xbox music does show album art thats embedded in your mp3 files. There just seem to be some restrictions regarding the size or file size of the image. I have no idea what these are, but for some files I could see the album art when I downsized and reembedded it.

I can see album art correctly, and its sized 1500x1500. No kidding.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre