Is there any Task manager for windows phone 8?

ghost293

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, i'm new to windows phone.

Is there any application like task manager(like in windows pc) or to check what apps are running in background in windows phone??

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Settings -> swipe over to applications -> background agents (or similar, my devices are German). In Windows Phone 8.1 it's under settings -> battery saver

If you're refering to last used apps, you can press and hold the back button. This will reveal the app switcher. Those apps aren't really running in the background though.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Settings -> swipe over to applications -> background agents (or similar, my devices are German). In Windows Phone 8.1 it's under settings -> battery saver

If you're refering to last used apps, you can press and hold the back button. This will reveal the app switcher. Those apps aren't really running in the background though.
That's as close as you could get to managing your tasks.

ghost293

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site

No like all the apps that are running in background at present like task manager in windows 8/7.

You are telling what apps are allowed to run in background.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No like all the apps that are running in background at present like task manager in windows 8/7.

You are telling what apps are allowed to run in background.

That was the second part of my post. oO But like I already said, in Windows Phone apps don't really run in the background. Once you return to the homescreen or switch to a different app, the previously active app is tombstoned.

ghost293

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
That was the second part of my post. oO But like I already said, in Windows Phone apps don't really run in the background. Once you return to the homescreen or switch to a different app, the previously active app is tombstoned.

Ok..Did some research.

Looks like windows phone doesn't need a task manager as it handles processes efficiently unlike android.:amaze:

Thanks for the replies

Jamie Dean NC

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
When I have a navigation app or music app open and switch to another app the music is still playing but when I press the back button on the home screen I see no running apps. The task switcher comes up but the apps are not there? I'm on the Icon 928. Any help because if I press the app icon again it tries to make another copy of the app run again.

Thanks in advance,
Jamie Dean

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Ok..Did some research.

Looks like windows phone doesn't need a task manager as it handles processes efficiently unlike android.:amaze:

Thanks for the replies

In short, no. The reason why Windows Phone doesn't need a task manager or anything of the sort, yet, is because very few apps can truly run in the background.

This has nothing to do with Android, and Android doesn't inefficiently handle memory, that's a myth.

Anglerdk

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Ok..Did some research.

Thanks for the replies

Actually android doesn't need it either since it manage the apps the same way - so if it need the resources it can shut the app down or set it in sleep mode. In the end all the processor power used for shutting the apps down makes the effort useless.

Anglerdk

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
When I have a navigation app or music app open and switch to another app the music is still playing but when I press the back button on the home screen I see no running apps. The task switcher comes up but the apps are not there? I'm on the Icon 928. Any help because if I press the app icon again it tries to make another copy of the app run again.

Thanks in advance,
Jamie Dean

You must stop the music first (eg volume up and pause) , since music playing is prioritized so it doesn't stop playing unlike eg YouTube, IE etc (if you press home they stop since they come out of focus)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon