FB Messenger not showing in App list

Arjun KR

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm facing a problem, previously I had installed FB Messenger on SD card, when I tried to update yesterday,it asked me to move it to phone memory, when I tried to do that, the storage sense didn't shown the messenger in SD card, even it is missing from app list,but I can access it from the previously pinned tile.
I inserted the SD card to my PC and checked and I found FB Messenger was present, then I formatted my SD card, now phone is asking me to inert sd card which had fb messenger, I want to uninstall the app and want to perform fresh install, but it is not listed in app list or storage sense,it is only visible in store with a message "insert sd card to update this app"

wp_ss_20140606_0001[1].png wp_ss_20140606_0002[1].png

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
try downloading the xap file manually from the windows phone app store website and transfer it to the root of your sd card. reboot your phone and go to store ? install local apps and try installing it manually

Arjun KR

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
tried clearing temp files,performed soft reset still the same problem.
Installing from SD card gives me an error 80070057

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Honestly remove it it is a huge battery drainer get IM+ plus its on sale at the moment

You know, it's not about which messenger is better or not. It's about what your friends use. If the majority is using Whatsapp, so are you.

Excuse me, no idea why the heck I wrote Whatsapp. I confused threads. :) IM+ definitely works. Gotta say though that I for one really like the FB messenger app.

Last edited:

Arjun KR

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Honestly remove it it is a huge battery drainer get IM+ plus its on sale at the moment

Even to remove it,its not there in app list,leave alone using it.
App sits somewhere in phone system folder,its just not visible, I need a way to remove it.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Uninstall and re-install the messenger app worked for me. There was an update two days ago, not seeing major "battery drain" with it though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs