Dear Microsoft (and Developers),

This fascination with transparent tiles is getting ridiculous now. I understand their popularity, but please bear in mind that not everyone is a fan. Please give users a choice. First Reading List, now Xbox Video. I am not a programmer, but surely giving users a choice via settings is not too much of a hassle.

Cheers.
    06-07-2014 05:38 AM
    Please give users a choice.
    Cheers.
    You wanted to say: Please let the user to choice if he wants transparent/opaque tile.
    Also, my second suggestion is to let the user to choice if he wants live/static tile.
    06-07-2014 06:18 AM

This fascination with transparent tiles is getting ridiculous now. I understand their popularity, but please bear in mind that not everyone is a fan. Please give users a choice. First Reading List, now Xbox Video. I am not a programmer, but surely giving users a choice via settings is not too much of a hassle.

Cheers.
    Have you tried going back to Settings/ Start +Themes??? By default the transparent background is turned off, the user has to enable it, so you must know that IT IS ALREADY AN OPTION?? So why the post?
    oditius and neo158 like this.
    06-07-2014 08:31 AM
    Have you tried going back to Settings/ Start +Themes??? By default the transparent background is turned off, the user has to enable it, so you must know that IT IS ALREADY AN OPTION?? So why the post?
    Let me clarify.
    If transparency is turned off, then the colour of these tiles matches the system colour, and my point is that I prefer their original colour, e.g. green for Xbox Video or dark red for Reading List.
    I like a little colour on my start screen.
    06-07-2014 09:40 AM

Cheers.
    Add this suggestion, in the uservoice forums. You'll get 3 votes from my side. 😊
    06-07-2014 09:42 AM
    Let me clarify.
    If transparency is turned off, then the colour of these tiles matches the system colour, and my point is that I prefer their original colour, e.g. green for Xbox Video or dark red for Reading List.
    I like a little colour on my start screen.
    That's exactly what wardo5757 is saying, remove the background and the tiles return to their default colour.
    06-07-2014 11:30 AM
    That's exactly what wardo5757 is saying, remove the background and the tiles return to their default colour.
    You don't seem to understand. They no longer have the default colour they once had. Due to the new excitement over a transparent start screen, their new default colour is your system colour.
    For example, say your system colour is yellow. Until yesterday's update, the Xbox Video tile used to be green (as is the current Music tile). Since the update, however, it is either yellow OR transparent, and no longer green.
    06-07-2014 12:15 PM
    And the point is, I would like the option to keep the original colour, in this case green.
    06-07-2014 12:16 PM
    And the point is, I would like the option to keep the original colour, in this case green.
    Yeah, me 2.
    06-07-2014 12:43 PM
    This fascination with transparent tiles is getting ridiculous...Please give users a choice...via settings is not too much of a hassle.
    Well, if you enroll at my school, we'll give you that choice in our mobile portal app for Windows Phone.

tiles.png

The instruction that certain tiles are always transparent is no longer correct. We updated the server-side tile generator, but haven't updated the app since then.
    TheMightyCraken likes this.
    06-07-2014 03:35 PM
    All tiles should have been transparent from the beginning, they should have been of the accent color, or with a background image, if you like
    06-07-2014 07:40 PM
    You'll get 3 votes from me if you make a uservoice
    06-07-2014 07:47 PM
    Make a user voice. I'll give 3 votes as well.
    06-07-2014 08:56 PM
    Xbox Music now too.
    Not cool, Microsoft. Not cool.
    06-11-2014 02:29 AM
    I agree, make a user voice and lets see if we can drum up done support. Unfortunately, this is one of those issues that many people will not even take the time to understand what we're talking about, as had already been demonstrated in this thread. Sort of like the need for notification center ("we have LIVE TILES! They are magical like unicorns! We don't need it!").

I would tend to stay away from the phrase "Pro Choice" though. To most, that means something entirely different. ;-)
    Joe920 likes this.
    06-11-2014 02:36 AM
    Hey everyone, please please please vote on my uservoice idea of getting the emerald tile option for Xbox music by clicking on the link and voting. And please share with everyone. http://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread/302880.htm
    08-16-2014 08:10 AM