Confusion About The Integration in 8.1?

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Right now I have the official facebook and official twitter so installed on my phone. The twitter app isn't upgraded to 8.1 yet. I'm noticing that in the people tile it has problems getting my twitter feed updates.

Right now in the Facebook app I'm noticing it's skipping from updates within the past 10 mins to 11 hours ago, in the app and people hub.

If i go in the people hub and make a group of twitter contracts one group i get the message that it can't get any news right now

http://i.imgur.com/PWT1Kfz.png

With the way 8.1 is designed the feds from facebook and twitter are coming from the apps now instead of coming from linking your social accounts to your Microsoft account right?

Are my feeds acting up because the twitter app hasn't updated to 8.1 yet and the Facebook app has issues from time to time? Can I install a 3rd party twitter app to plug into the people hub to get my feeds correctly?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 Tapatalk

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Right now I have the official facebook and official twitter so installed on my phone. The twitter app isn't upgraded to 8.1 yet. I'm noticing that in the people tile it has problems getting my twitter feed updates.

Right now in the Facebook app I'm noticing it's skipping from updates within the past 10 mins to 11 hours ago, in the app and people hub.

If i go in the people hub and make a group of twitter contracts one group i get the message that it can't get any news right now

With the way 8.1 is designed the feds from facebook and twitter are coming from the apps now instead of coming from linking your social accounts to your Microsoft account right?

Are my feeds acting up because the twitter app hasn't updated to 8.1 yet and the Facebook app has issues from time to time? Can I install a 3rd party twitter app to plug into the people hub to get my feeds correctly?

Have you connected your Facebook and Twitter accounts to your Microsoft Account?

I did and get Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn updates into my People Hub, even without the apps being installed. Go here: https://account.live.com/ and sign in, click on Related Accounts then click on manage other accounts.

Add Facebook, Twitter and, if necessary, LinkedIn to your Microsoft Account and you should get updates on your phone without the apps.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
That's odd then, I'm not having that issue on my phone. Have you done a factory reset since installing WP8.1?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

Facebook also has the habit of showing what it calls "Top Stories", which is stupid when you are trying to read something that should be more linear (ie Most Recent at the top). With the silly setting, you get posts from all over the day in no real order.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes