Petition to have OFFICIAL FACEBOOK from Facebook Inc (Not Microsoft's) on Windows Phone!

anon(8763253)

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I would love it to be like the IOS and android app. Maybe the fact that facebook made the messenger app means they could be working on a facebook app. We can only hope.

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Use FBs mobile web site. I find it pretty good. I just installed the Android FB app made by FB so I can compare security permissions against the FB app made by BlackBerry. The Android app requires security permissions to the microphone, camera, phone among others. The app for bb10 doesn't require that. More importantly, the Android app doesn't allow me to turn specific permissions off. So, the question is, do you really want Facebook making the FB app for WP? I wouldn't.

Posted via the WPC App for Android! on BlackBerry Z30

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
people... stop sending email to microsoft told them to create facebook app from facebook inc not microsoft, but send email to facebook inc...

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
We need a quality fb app the app does not show my friends post am on wp 8.1 dp.android fb app is way better.even people hub does not show my friends post.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I'd rather they didn't personally... you don't get stupid adverts in the current version, and it doesn't have a mandatory requirement to access pretty much every function on your phone before it will let you install and run it.

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
One thing i like about the current Facebook app is that I don't have to go through ads. On an iPhone i've to scroll through an ad after every 3-5 post/card. So maybe it's worth the tradeoff :)

OsamaAdam98

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
The Facebook app on the other ecosystems is bloated and invasive. On Android for example, it has access to all the data on your phone, all your messages, it has the ability to read your contacts and it can send texts (that cost money). And so much more. And here's what's new: the Facebook app can now listen in the background. It can plug into your microphones and listen to everything you say or do. It can also access your camera, etc, etc etc. I don't want that. I want a dysfunctional piece of crap app before I compromise my privacy just so Facebook can serve me better ads.

DELETE YOUR FACEBOOK - YouTube

Meh :/

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I know people here hate our facebook, but the majority doesn't think so. I'm looking at my sister's iPhone and the facebook app has 2/5 stars while ours has 3/5 stars. Also, the iOS version is consistently more buggy and slower than our version, even though it lacks some features. Glass half full, people (;

Ivin Laney

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I know people here hate our facebook, but the majority doesn't think so. I'm looking at my sister's iPhone and the facebook app has 2/5 stars while ours has 3/5 stars. Also, the iOS version is consistently more buggy and slower than our version, even though it lacks some features. Glass half full, people (;
Don't forget that iOS also has Paper. Which is the best Facebook app ever. And it's official.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb