Nokia Lumia 1320: how to install apps from sd card? without internet

sherdil

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I have lumia 1320 windows 8 phone
1. how to install apps from sd card? (i don't have internet on phone, only on computer) when I tap 'sd card' option under 'store' nothing comes just a pop-up saying could not connect to store. when I click "..." then also it doesn't give me any options.
2. documents on sd card don't show in ms office, what to do?
3. how can I browse file son sd card? probably with an app only,
suggest a good app.
4. suggest a media player app that plays all/most formats.
waiting....:angry:

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
1. Download the XAP file from the store and transfer it to your SD card via Laptop/Desktop. then switch off your phone and start it again. Then when you click on the store you will get the option to install local apps from SD card. The app however can only be installed onto phone memory with WP8

3. The official file manager to browse files on your phone is only available for WP8.1. For WP8 you can try out Pocket File Manager.
Pocket File Manager | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

4. Moliplayer plays all formats including .mkv files and is the best player. However, its a paid app.
MoliPlayer Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Judas20

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
You can't install apps from an SD card without an internet connection as you phone needs to check whether you have the latest version of the XAP file and if it's still published in the store.

sherdil

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I do not get "install local apps from sd card" option. Maybe it come sin WP7 or WP8.1.
I get SD card option and when I tap it, it says cannot access the store due to no internet and then remains blank.

I went to Nokia care, they said WP8.1 will come around next month. How do you have it?

But it is stupid not to be able to use Office to open documents on SD card.

1. Download the XAP file from the store and transfer it to your SD card via Laptop/Desktop. then switch off your phone and start it again. Then when you click on the store you will get the option to install local apps from SD card. The app however can only be installed onto phone memory with WP8

3. The official file manager to browse files on your phone is only available for WP8.1. For WP8 you can try out Pocket File Manager.
Pocket File Manager | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

4. Moliplayer plays all formats including .mkv files and is the best player. However, its a paid app.
MoliPlayer Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro