Unable to find my location after latest 8.1 update (8.10.12393.890)

El Squish

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
After installing the latest update on my phone (Lumia 920), it is having problems finding my specific location. When I open any app that uses location it takes 5 minutes or more to lock on to my location. This is happening regardless of my surroundings. Once it does find my location, and I begin driving around, it fails to track my movement and intermittently reacquires my location then loses me again and again. My wife's phone is not having this issue (also a 920). Prior to this update my phone would acquire my location within seconds. I've searched online and can find no one else reporting this problem. Am I the only one experiencing this?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
ditto , I had this problems 2 days ago. I was showing some peeps how great here maps are on my Lumia 920 but it fails to lock my location (lol it was some other city ). It was damn embarrassing. I don't know If this is a particular bug but I finally gave up and downgraded it to windows phone 8.0 via nokia recovery tool. Battery life is excellent and animations/scrolling is smooth now :smile:

ddartman7

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear you are having this problem, but I'm glad to know it's just not me. Seems the most recent update has introduced a LOT of problems on my L928. I'm going to give it a week or two to see if another update is pushed to resolve the issues, otherwise I see a hard reset in my future.:devil:

ddartman7

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Lucky you is right. In addition to the issue with GPS, I have had to perform a soft reset EVERY MORNING since the update. Acting on a hunch I disabled "quiet hours" yesterday. Today was the first morning since the update I did not have to do the reset. Quick, someone find a can of RAID.

El Squish

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I've discovered this problem seems to be linked to cortana. When I turn it off my location is found much faster and the connection is not lost. When I turn Cortana back on, after a short period of time, my location is lost again. BTW, this problem was not fixed after the last update (8.10.12397.895). Bums me out because prior to this problem I was getting good use out of location reminders. I hope it is fixed when this is released to the general public.

ddartman7

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Confirmed. I have also discovered the issue with morning reboots coming out of quiet hours is related to the "Clock Hub" app. Uninstalled it and bam, no more AM resets required.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos