Location always on?

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys after the last update even when I turned off the location settings sometimes it is on whereas settings shows it is off anyone else facing this issue? Tried hard reset still facing this issue.
a3evaqat.png

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Location services are screwed up , mine was worse. They were not working , tried a hard reset but the results were same. Finally I decided to use Nokia recovery tool and downgrade it to windows phone 8.0. Yes , I gave up windows phone 8.1 because I use here drive/here maps regularly.
Are you able to use here drive or any other location based apps when location services are turned on. And what happens when you turn them off and try to use any location based app :)

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Location services are screwed up , mine was worse. They were not working , tried a hard reset but the results were same. Finally I decided to use Nokia recovery tool and downgrade it to windows phone 8.0. Yes , I gave up windows phone 8.1 because I use here drive/here maps regularly.
Are you able to use here drive or any other location based apps when location services are turned on. And what happens when you turn them off and try to use any location based app :)

Will try and post the outcome but sometimes here drive+ gives me error navigation not available in your region.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Its strange they don't work if I turned off the location but i can see the location symbol display in some of the app like WhatsApp and kik(tried with this two only)
Here maps doenst work at all if I turned off location.
Whereas in heredrive+ if I move the map here and there I can see how far is the place from my location but cant see the route to that place.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Its strange they don't work if I turned off the location but i can see the location symbol display in some of the app like WhatsApp and kik(tried with this two only)
Here maps doenst work at all if I turned off location.
Whereas in heredrive+ if I move the map here and there I can see how far is the place from my location but cant see the route to that place.
Thanks , now can you please try if you turn on location service , are you able to get the correct coordinates / location from above apps :)

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks , now can you please try if you turn on location service , are you able to get the correct coordinates / location from above apps :)

Sometimes it give me correct location and sometimes far away location.
A strange thing I notice is whenever I turn location on and off from action centre it will show location symbol but when I turned it on and off from settings it doesn't show that symbol even when I turned off the location.
So I guess it doesn't recognize the turn on and off properly from action centre.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I wrote about this issue to windowsphone support they advice me to reinstall kik,WhatsApp,here drive+ I did that yesterday I didn't got that issue while using thos app.
But today when I wasn't using any app and i had disable the background task for those apps and location was off still the phone was using location servcies so I guess It is the problem with the OS itself not the apps.
mesehu4u.png

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa