Tethering App

Bosgarage57

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, new to WP, just updated my 822 to 8.1 and so far I am really liking everything, and it does everything my Note 2 did, EXCEPT wifi tethering. Im still grandfathered in on VZW for unlimited data, and I use it :). I don't tether a lot, more so torrents, but does anyone know of an app like FoxFi that WP has? The Tether-X app will not work, as you have to create a proxy and all that jazz. The "internet sharing" will not work as I do not have a hotspot plan through Verizon. Really this is the only issue (and ability for torrent app to download in the background) of me making the full switch. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There is nothing much to say beyond what was said in your other thread, sorry to disappoint. :/ I hope I'm wrong though.

If you're reluctant to set Tether-X up, i think there was an article detailing how to use it.
there was a tethering glitch/bug before, but i think updates inadvertently kill it. I don't think its even relevant to your model.

Bosgarage57

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Reason I dont want to try tether x is you have a lot of pre-setup to do. I use my hotspot feature pretty random. If I want my netbook to connect I do, or another phone, or tablet, etc. I dont see Tether X as a fix for this. Maybe if it was one specific pc all the time. Hopefully they will get something sorted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss