08-19-2014 12:46 AM
55 123
tools
    Just remember, just because iPhone and Android have a million fart apps and WP doesn't, doesn't mean they have more devs
    They do have more developers though. And their stores aren't comprised of a million fart apps, all of the best and newest apps come out on iOS first, then Android later. Many of them don't even make it to Windows Phone.
    k0de likes this.
    06-11-2014 11:12 AM
    They do have more developers though. And their stores aren't comprised of a million fart apps, all of the best and newest apps come out on iOS first, then Android later. Many of them don't even make it to Windows Phone.
    No fart apps on other platforms. In fact better apps. Dev's at those platforms have pour their imaginations and ingenuity into reality.

++2 ๐Ÿ˜Š

WP phone dev's take note. We have the tools and resources,

No excuses!
    06-11-2014 06:09 PM
    Why should or could they not?

A desktop app could load the different routes and place them in a map on you system. In the Netherlands companies pay for the amount of km / miles a different % tax based on the routes etc.

At the other hand you could think of finding a shop by browsing on your desktop and load the address in the app that you use in your car for navigation.
    All this is already possible and can be done without subscribing to some nonsense Universal app ideology. All you need is a desktop site and a few apps. Why bother building a desktop "app" especially since users seem to be using Windows for personal use less and less and moving to tablets and Airs...
    08-17-2014 12:04 PM
    Huh? WP has the most annoying and restrictive dev environment ever. Just to install the SDK you need an x64 PC with Windows 8. That alone is probably stopping a good bunch of developers from developing for WP8. Anecdotally, there's a game I like on Android called Atomic Bomber - pretty simple game, easy to port I should think. I contacted the dev and asked if a WP port for my L920 was possible. He said he'll look into it and got back to me a few days later with this exact reason - he wasn't going to upgrade from 7 to 8 just to develop for WP.

You know there is a way to install a VM on your PC and have the two OSs at same time. I also installed the VS on a x86. And the phone emulator worked just fine
    08-19-2014 12:42 AM
    I have to say that you don't need a WP in order to test your apps. The emulator on the VS worked just great.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1 by HTC WP8X using Tapatalk
    08-19-2014 12:46 AM
55 123