Soon tables will turn. Windows Phone Dev's will over power the competition.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I think we stil have a long way to go.
Here is my reasening,
nextgen developers are those kids who are now on this day playing with there Droid phones on the schoolyards.
So the audience is bigger there, they know the system and the hardware.
Besides that,when a eager kiddo wants to start developing they work with the means they got.
And the most of them stil use a Droid phone or Ios.

Besides that, if you want to write for WP you need atleast a windows 8 computer.
If we or MS want more developers, we must stimulate our young.
Couse the most developers are starting coding as a hobby.

MS should let go of the paid developersaccounts not only for our students but for everyone.
MS is asking real money from developers only for a account, and over the backs of these same developers they also make money over there paid apps.
So why not making money only on these apps and let the developers develop for free.
Or let developers push a max amount of apps for free in the store.

There are a lot of bright ( young ) minds out there, but they can never shine because of the expenses.
19 $ is maybe not mutch, but there are a lot of parents outhere who can not even mis that kind of money.
Its not only the 20 but you also need a windows 8 computer ( and of course a phone )

So i suggest, make all accounts free with a maximum of ten apps to push in the store.
Make it possible to develope on Vista or Win 7 machines
And make our young more enthousiast for the platform.
Maybe with a lowbudget scholar package, with books, laptop, phone/tablet and a account.
When i am looking in our local library i find books in native language about droid and ios developing,
but non or what so ever about Windows Phone
Hell, they even have Steve Job schools.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
That would be great. Can someone recreate Zune? Call it Tune or Tunes or something. I'd pay $5 -$10 for it depending on how good it was. I bought CarDash pro just for the music "swipe" to change tracks feature. And that app keeps the screen on so I can see the artist and change tracks when driving. (my phone is in a holder and plugged into my aux on my stereo.)

I didn't have to go with pro, they have a music upgrade only option. But I use the app all the time so why not give them the money? I want more music features!
I would pay for a Zune app as well!

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
That kind of thinking for the Xbox music app would be retarded imo. Maybe good in general, but really?

Similar feeling, but the biggest complaint in WP is the app ecosystem so it is good to hear they are building with that problem in mind with decisions being made to attract and please writers.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Similar feeling, but the biggest complaint in WP is the app ecosystem so it is good to hear they are building with that problem in mind with decisions being made to attract and please writers.

The problem with this is they are cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

Without quality system apps like a music video player,they are going to be losing their customer base really soon.
If we have to wait until a 3rd party developer straightens out the total cluster puck Xbox music is and then add insult to injury by having to pay for what should be, it won't bode well for them and will bite them in their wallets...

I'm all for developers making money off their apps 100% but Xbox music is a system app that I have no choice of keeping on my phone.....

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Without quality system apps like a music video player,they are going to be losing their customer base really soon.
If we have to wait until a 3rd party developer straightens out the total cluster puck Xbox music is and then add insult to injury by having to pay for what should be, it won't bode well for them and will bite them in their wallets...

I'm all for developers making money off their apps 100% but Xbox music is a system app that I have no choice of keeping on my phone.....
Exactly

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

It was like this with the calendar until WP8.1. I have bought too many calendar apps because the one Microsoft provided unchanged since the release of WP7 was just not practical to use.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
It was like this with the calendar until WP8.1. I have bought too many calendar apps because the one Microsoft provided unchanged since the release of WP7 was just not practical to use.

I've bought my last app for WP........I'll not spend another dime on either my 1520 or my wife's 1020 until they completely overhaul their music video apps,and if this doesn't happen,then I will trade both in come November,even for a loss if I have to.

I'm to old to play the waiting and praying game.....went down that path before,and it's just not worth the effort again

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Objective C is nothing but "small talk"  sorry Apple. Java is cool but Java can't live outside a JVM sorry Android oops Google.

C++ is a cool alternative to C. But C# is better than C and C++ combine together. C++ ++1 over C. Haha
C# ++2 over C and C++ combined .

Understand this principal and you shall understand that MSFT and Windows Phone will soon rule.

C#, XAML, HTM5, JavaScript are the computing languages of the future.

Clang, Jvac, Cli. Heavy weight championship of Compilers.

And the winner is?

Cli, oops my bad.

Remarkable.

Your thoughts?

I agree.. though I think everyone is jumping on the AngularJS Bandwagon.

C# is the "prettiest" for me. Coding with it is like Art compared to Visual Basic for example. :p

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I've bought my last app for WP........I'll not spend another dime on either my 1520 or my wife's 1020 until they completely overhaul their music video apps,and if this doesn't happen,then I will trade both in come November,even for a loss if I have to.

I'm to old to play the waiting and praying game.....went down that path before,and it's just not worth the effort again

Never buy a device unless it can do what you want RIGHT NOW.

Otherwise, you're only setting yourself up for disappointment.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 via Tapatalk

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Never buy a device unless it can do what you want RIGHT NOW.

Otherwise, you're only setting yourself up for disappointment.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 via Tapatalk

Yea,well we all make mistakes from time to time.

Had I known that this was as bad as it is......idk........I really like the phone,but....this issue has really changed my entire perspective about WP and the lack of caring Microsoft has shown to such a large amount of folks wanting something better.

Hindsight is 20/20

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Just remember, just because iPhone and Android have a million fart apps and WP doesn't, doesn't mean they have more devs

They do have more developers though. And their stores aren't comprised of a million fart apps, all of the best and newest apps come out on iOS first, then Android later. Many of them don't even make it to Windows Phone.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
They do have more developers though. And their stores aren't comprised of a million fart apps, all of the best and newest apps come out on iOS first, then Android later. Many of them don't even make it to Windows Phone.

No fart apps on other platforms. In fact better apps. Dev's at those platforms have pour their imaginations and ingenuity into reality.

++2 😊

WP phone dev's take note. We have the tools and resources,

No excuses!

AG VK

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Why should or could they not?

A desktop app could load the different routes and place them in a map on you system. In the Netherlands companies pay for the amount of km / miles a different % tax based on the routes etc.

At the other hand you could think of finding a shop by browsing on your desktop and load the address in the app that you use in your car for navigation.

All this is already possible and can be done without subscribing to some nonsense Universal app ideology. All you need is a desktop site and a few apps. Why bother building a desktop "app" especially since users seem to be using Windows for personal use less and less and moving to tablets and Airs...

Kaloyan Krumov

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Huh? WP has the most annoying and restrictive dev environment ever. Just to install the SDK you need an x64 PC with Windows 8. That alone is probably stopping a good bunch of developers from developing for WP8. Anecdotally, there's a game I like on Android called Atomic Bomber - pretty simple game, easy to port I should think. I contacted the dev and asked if a WP port for my L920 was possible. He said he'll look into it and got back to me a few days later with this exact reason - he wasn't going to upgrade from 7 to 8 just to develop for WP.

You know there is a way to install a VM on your PC and have the two OSs at same time. I also installed the VS on a x86. And the phone emulator worked just fine

Kaloyan Krumov

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I have to say that you don't need a WP in order to test your apps. The emulator on the VS worked just great.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1 by HTC WP8X using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99