Lumia 1520 Windows Phone 8.1 StartScreen Lag?

nukesheart1520

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have updated my month-Old L1520 to WP8.1 days after my purchase. And since then it was like ..really laggy. When you open up some apps, then hit the Home Button, my phone STRUGGLES so much with the animation of going to the start screen. It also lags by half a second when you swipe left for the app list (seriously my old lumia800 is has smoother transition). At first I thought it was ok because of 8.1 being a developer "preview", not the final release..so maybe it's just like that. But then I searched these forums looking for similar problem (I found one but on Lumia 520 --- this is the 1520 beast) but found none (yet, maybe) having lag problems using WP8.1 DevPrev..even read some comments that it's buttery smooth.

Any comments on this?

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The lag you mention was there (for a few days) on my Lumia 1520, but NOW it's gone. Since this is a Dev Preview, expect issues as the phone acclimates (dare I say learns) about the new software w/o the benefit of a firmware update - c'mon Lumia Cyan ...

Since everyone has a different subset of Apps, issues will arise & NO two devices are currently the same. Watchword is patience, but enjoy the 8.1 goodness.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
You're not alone. I have this lag as well, but it's pretty inconsistent and happens more of a minority of the time.

This is one thing I really hope they fix in the near future. If you're going to ruin the seamless functionality (useless Me tiles, etc.), at least let us keep the UI fluidity.

nukesheart1520

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
You're not alone. I have this lag as well, but it's pretty inconsistent and happens more of a minority of the time.

This is one thing I really hope they fix in the near future. If you're going to ruin the seamless functionality (useless Me tiles, etc.), at least let us keep the UI fluidity.

I thought I was alone in this.
Hoping for Cyan release pretty soon! :D

captainj87

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I have had this problem for awhile now. I got my 1520 back in February and it was perfect until I installed 8.1... Now it gets hot alot and lags when I unlock it. Sometimes to the point I have to relock it and try again. Battery life has gone down dramatically also. I'm torn between loving the great new features and hating the infuriating issues that plague it. They seemed to have gotten better until the second 8.1 update, now they are many times worse. My wife has a 1020 that hasn't had any of these problems.

Whatever it is, I hope Microsoft fixes it soon..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos