What is the highest quality brand of laptop?

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
HP, Lenovo, Toshiba or Asus is what I've got to choose from. It's gotta last around 4 years for my uni work.

Thanks
The only one on that list that will last 4 years and run great is Lenovo. Asus is the epitome of throw away technology. Toshiba long ago was known for quality but nowadays makes poor quality laptops. Hp is pretty but don't recomed them at all. Not a ****** its just that Lenovo is the only one on the list known for great laptops and quality.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Asus then

The scale of the link I've provided is of course a little misleading. All of the brands are not that bad, but the scale ends at 7.5 which makes the Apple bar almost twice as long while only being 0.7 higher.

If I remember correctly Asus had also very good reviews in the last few months.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
The only one on that list that will last 4 years and run great is Lenovo. Asus is the epitome of throw away technology. Toshiba long ago was known for quality but nowadays makes poor quality laptops. Hp is pretty but don't recomed them at all. Not a ****** its just that Lenovo is the only one on the list known for great laptops and quality.

Based on your personal opinion?

But I agree that Lenovo has a very good reputation.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Based on your personal opinion?

But I agree that Lenovo has a very good reputation.
Personal experience but also my friend works on computers and laptops constantly and sees which ones break the most, which are designed well and designed to be easily fixed if needed, and the quality of the components they use.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Can someone comment on this Lenovo G700 Intel® Core?„? i3 Processor, 8Gb RAM, 1Tb Hard Drive, Wi-Fi, 17.3 inch Laptop - Black | littlewoods.com

Will it last a few years at least?

I know it's Littlewoods and overpriced but I can't afford to pay for a laptop straight up.

thats a nice one but i found an i7 g510 at the same price it will be more future proof according to me still decision is yours :)
the g700 have 17.3inch screen and g510 has 15.6inch and moreover g510 is ?30 less
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-G510...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2583027

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Bought the 17 inch Lenovo. 15 is just too small, that's what I'm sitting on right now and it's crud. When it gets too old I could accidentally spill my drink on it break it and claim on my home insurance.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Go with Dell if possible. They're really popular in the business industry, same with HP and IBM (now Lenovo). Really sturdy and offers a variety of computer lines from consumer to business, even gaming. I've had previous experiences with Asus and Acer being all too plasticky and fake quality (especially the screen, ugh so terrible), but I guess that's just me.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I don't know if there's that much difference between the brands, but the better ones will be "business" laptops. They are generally built with better components like metal vs. plastic and more durable. For Dell, the Latitude is business vs the Inspiron for home use. HP and I think Lenovo have business laptops too. I have a Dell Latitude a few years old and it's a tank and still about the fastest computer, laptop or desktop, in my business. Of course it helps that it has a high-end processor and SSD drive.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I would say Lenovo or Asus. I've had a gaming laptop from Asus before. They do have some a bit lower spectrum devices too, but their top end devices are generally speaking quite good. Lenovo in general seems to enjoy a good reputation, but I guess they'd be a bit more work/business oriented laptops.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Asus makes really nice laptops. Lenovo too.

I've been told to stay away from HP. Build quality is pretty alright with my 3 year old Compaq. Except for the cheap paint. That coat wear off less than a year after I bought it. Sucks but whatever.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I went with the Lenovo. Would have been nice to have i5 or i7 but will gave to go with i3 for now. Hell, my ?350 Advent Roma 1000 has done me for the last 5 years and it's a cheapo nasty PC World brand. It still works as long as you keep it plugged in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss