Why WP 8.1 Still Not Support Flash?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Melvin

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
If WP has flash that will make developer interested to drop their apps to our store. Microsoft make Windows OS for years make it support flash why in the hell MS couldn't make it happen in WP
Sent from Unlocked Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
There's no chance of that until Windows Phone and Windows merge. Even then, who knows. Flash may finally be gone. Lol.

(no hater, I just loaded Flash on my Nexus 7, which replaced a Playbook with Flash.)

hagjohn

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Adobe isn't making flash for phones anymore. The ones you see for Android are old. Wonder how many security issues these old copies have.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
worth noting virtually no mobile app is done with flash so it isn't much of an incentive for developers.
Flash is pretty much gone, having been dropped by Adobe (for Android) and not being seen in iOS.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The overhead isn't worth it.

If you're expecting to play flash games on your phone, it'll only strain the servers heavily, largely due to redownloading to the cache over and over again.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Flash on cell phones was a good idea at the time but has proven to be a power drain and a major hacking risk for malware. Adobe has NOT been able to overcome those vulnerabilities. HTML5 has changed the game anyway.

David Addison

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Three reasons:

1. Battery Life
  2. Security
  3. Stability

I used to work directly with the product group when the cost (technical and financial) of Flash outweighed its benefits. It wasn't an easy decision to make, but in the end, it was the right one given the amount of effort and testing to support, only to lose significantly in battery life and risk the security and stability of the rest of the OS.

henry.gray

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
To me it's not hard to do a quick search on Google which would tell you that Adobe killed Flash support for mobile devices, this is also why old android handsets have it, why the PS3 has it and PS4 doesn't. Only Windows, OS X and Linux has flash support.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I run into sites that occasionally tell me I can't view certain content due to no flash on my WP. I am then referred to the adobe flash site if I want to "update" my system. Of course that site tells me its not supported on my device. Question tho, if flash is dead then what do these sites do to run their stuff? On android I could easily view it, no problem. On WP its a no go. A certain greeting card site comes to mind. Runs fine on android not on WP. I feel left out by MS on this stuff.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I run into sites that occasionally tell me I can't view certain content due to no flash on my WP. I am then referred to the adobe flash site if I want to "update" my system. Of course that site tells me its not supported on my device. Question tho, if flash is dead then what do these sites do to run their stuff? On android I could easily view it, no problem. On WP its a no go. A certain greeting card site comes to mind. Runs fine on android not on WP. I feel left out by MS on this stuff.

Your not alone. Same here. But like many mentioned on the thread. It is an Adobe problem for dropping support for mobile flash. Not MSFT.

Hope that the websites that you visit update their code in the near future.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
It is an Adobe problem for dropping support for mobile flash. Not MSFT.

Indeed. And to be fair to WP, Flash only works on Android via a workaround. It's not officially supported.

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077