08-06-2014 09:38 PM
39 12
tools
    If WP has flash that will make developer interested to drop their apps to our store. Microsoft make Windows OS for years make it support flash why in the hell MS couldn't make it happen in WP
    Sent from Unlocked Lumia 520 using Tapatalk
    06-11-2014 07:08 PM
    Because flash is dead
    06-11-2014 07:09 PM
    Even Android dropped Flash officially. You can only get it via custom ROMs and such.
    WanderingTraveler and Jazmac like this.
    06-11-2014 07:15 PM
    There's no chance of that until Windows Phone and Windows merge. Even then, who knows. Flash may finally be gone. Lol.

(no hater, I just loaded Flash on my Nexus 7, which replaced a Playbook with Flash.)
    06-11-2014 07:15 PM
    Adobe isn't making flash for phones anymore. The ones you see for Android are old. Wonder how many security issues these old copies have.
    edoug likes this.
    06-11-2014 07:19 PM
    People still use adobe flash player? Is this year 2000?
    06-11-2014 07:23 PM
    worth noting virtually no mobile app is done with flash so it isn't much of an incentive for developers.
    Flash is pretty much gone, having been dropped by Adobe (for Android) and not being seen in iOS.
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    06-11-2014 07:36 PM
    Adobe drop support flash for mobile device. what do you expect? Lol.
    06-11-2014 07:37 PM
    The overhead isn't worth it.

If you're expecting to play flash games on your phone, it'll only strain the servers heavily, largely due to redownloading to the cache over and over again.
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-11-2014 08:33 PM
    Flash is pretty much on it's way out for mobile devices. MP4 is where it's at.
    06-11-2014 08:39 PM
    People still use adobe flash player? Is this year 2000?
    Since many websites still use Flash, then yes. People still use Adobe Flash. Big shocker.
    xandros9 and Xes Frawd like this.
    06-11-2014 08:41 PM
    The IE embedded video player in WP8.1 is actually pretty good. It can play many streaming sites I've been to.
    06-11-2014 09:31 PM
    What's flash? That dude that run fast?
    06-11-2014 09:39 PM
    Flash on cell phones was a good idea at the time but has proven to be a power drain and a major hacking risk for malware. Adobe has NOT been able to overcome those vulnerabilities. HTML5 has changed the game anyway.
    06-11-2014 09:57 PM
    Three reasons:

1. Battery Life
    2. Security
    3. Stability

I used to work directly with the product group when the cost (technical and financial) of Flash outweighed its benefits. It wasn't an easy decision to make, but in the end, it was the right one given the amount of effort and testing to support, only to lose significantly in battery life and risk the security and stability of the rest of the OS.
    WanderingTraveler and Jazmac like this.
    06-11-2014 10:46 PM
    If "Flash is dead" why is there so much content I can't access with my windows phone?
    08-06-2014 04:26 PM
    To me it's not hard to do a quick search on Google which would tell you that Adobe killed Flash support for mobile devices, this is also why old android handsets have it, why the PS3 has it and PS4 doesn't. Only Windows, OS X and Linux has flash support.
    08-06-2014 04:34 PM
    I run into sites that occasionally tell me I can't view certain content due to no flash on my WP. I am then referred to the adobe flash site if I want to "update" my system. Of course that site tells me its not supported on my device. Question tho, if flash is dead then what do these sites do to run their stuff? On android I could easily view it, no problem. On WP its a no go. A certain greeting card site comes to mind. Runs fine on android not on WP. I feel left out by MS on this stuff.
    k0de and Jonnie LasVegas like this.
    08-06-2014 04:56 PM
    I run into sites that occasionally tell me I can't view certain content due to no flash on my WP. I am then referred to the adobe flash site if I want to "update" my system. Of course that site tells me its not supported on my device. Question tho, if flash is dead then what do these sites do to run their stuff? On android I could easily view it, no problem. On WP its a no go. A certain greeting card site comes to mind. Runs fine on android not on WP. I feel left out by MS on this stuff.
    Your not alone. Same here. But like many mentioned on the thread. It is an Adobe problem for dropping support for mobile flash. Not MSFT.

Hope that the websites that you visit update their code in the near future.
    08-06-2014 05:06 PM
    It is an Adobe problem for dropping support for mobile flash. Not MSFT.
    Indeed. And to be fair to WP, Flash only works on Android via a workaround. It's not officially supported.

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-06-2014 06:07 PM
    Indeed. And to be fair to WP, Flash only works on Android via a workaround. It's not officially supported.

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk
    I had no trouble on android going to same sites I do on WP and flash was fine or something like flash worked fine anyway. No idea what work around your talking about it already works.Obviously this isnt going to drive me back to android but just saying if google can do this function just fine don't see why msft can't. Anoying to have to ask an android user friend to let me use his phone to go to some site to see flash working fine. I'm trying to promote WP among my android user friends not have them ridicule it for this seemingly stupid reason. Seems msft needs to get it together better.
    08-06-2014 07:05 PM
    To me it's not hard to do a quick search on Google which would tell you that Adobe killed Flash support for mobile devices, this is also why old android handsets have it, why the PS3 has it and PS4 doesn't. Only Windows, OS X and Linux has flash support.
    Blackberry supports Flash too. They implement it themselves. You can still use Flash on mobile devices, it just takes more work.
    08-06-2014 07:11 PM
    To me it's not hard to do a quick search on Google which would tell you that Adobe killed Flash support for mobile devices, this is also why old android handsets have it.
    My HTC ONE had it and its not old.
    EDIT: If its a website issue not updating code for WP then it makes sense android works on these sites and WP doesn't. So newer androids just work fine without it I guess.
    Last edited by cbreze; 08-06-2014 at 07:39 PM.
    08-06-2014 07:20 PM
    Security risk. iPhones have never had flash support natively. But their users are happy with their phones 'sigh' windows phone really needs a name change or it's going to keep being looked as a windows 8 phone. It's not actually PC windows on your phone. It's just a smartphone OS that looks like windows 8.
    08-06-2014 07:34 PM
    Your not alone. Same here. But like many mentioned on the thread. It is an Adobe problem for dropping support for mobile flash. Not MSFT.

Hope that the websites that you visit update their code in the near future.
    Ok , so your saying its a website issue then and the sites have updated their code for android but not WP?
    That makes more sense than anything since WP has always been the redheaded stepchild.
    k0de likes this.
    08-06-2014 07:34 PM
39 12