Windows Phone 8.1 improved WP, but it may have also killed it.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
8ygu5a7a.jpg

9erane6y.jpg

5asy7u6y.jpg

Sent from iCeborg's iPad.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
That's the whole argument ...for Ebuka..it doesn't enter the app and allows him to post FROM. The me Tile...it's beyond me how that is happening..

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
The me tile was simultaneously the most annoying and most convenient tile on my start screen.l had to force myself to update statuses through there and only because the stupid notifications would remain even If I has dealt with them in the app. Much too cumbersome. I guess telemetry wizardry shows as much

Can u tell me your FB app version?

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
That's the whole argument ...for Ebuka..it doesn't enter the app and allows him to post FROM. The me Tile...it's beyond me how that is happening..

yea. I just tried it on my phone. open up people hub, go to "me", then tap post an update, tap facebook beta, then fb app instantly open up direct to new status and keyboard comes up ready to compose.

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
You are running 8.1, right? And are you saying that in the Games hub, the games that appear in the Recent section ALSO appear in the Xbox or Other sections, too? (The latter was true in 8.0, but appears not to be in 8.1.)
Yes, I'm running 8.1 (OS Version 8.10.12397.895)
Whatever games you recently played shows under 'recent', they get moved to the top of the list.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes.
Whatever games you recently played shows under 'recent', they get moved to the top of the list.
Yes, that is the problem because they no longer appear in their normal place, meaning that you need to look in two places. In 7.0-8.0, the Recent list didn't have the effect of hiding games from their normal location.

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that is the problem because they no longer appear in their normal place, meaning that you need to look in two places. In 7.0-8.0, the Recent list didn't have the effect of hiding games from their normal location.
To be honest, I never checked to see if they where listed a second time in the 'normal' place. Can't check either as I just reset the phone for selling purposes.
But if that was the case, that would be kind of redundant to me to have a game listed twice. I don't see any problem the way it is working now. If I'm playing a game or a couple different games during the week, I'd rather see it/them at the top of the list anyhow. And if it's a game I haven't played for a long time, I already know it's not going to be under 'recent'.
Now on the flip side, depending on how many games and for how long they persist in 'recent', too many games listed for too long of a time, I could see it becoming a nuisance for sure.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
"Recent" is never more than 3 games. This is what I wrote first about this topic: "Try this: start a game from the Games app, back out of the game to return to the Games app, try to launch the game again -- where is it? It moved from the games list where it was to the Recently Used games list." The issue isn't whether having a "Recent" list is good or not (although it is good), it's whether items should temporarily disappear from their proper place (they should not).

I'm hopeful that this is just an oversight that will be fixed in a minor update.

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Go to Game App, launch game, back out of game, go back to Game App to launch same game, game is now listed at the top.
That makes more sense to me to keep the games I'm currently playing at the top then have to scroll through a list and look for them.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
yea. I just tried it on my phone. open up people hub, go to "me", then tap post an update, tap facebook beta, then fb app instantly open up direct to new status and keyboard comes up ready to compose.
Them I guess we are the unlucky ones and Ebuka is the chosen one...anyone else find a way to update through the Me Tile directly please PM me..a gift awaits you...

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Again, this is just a gentlemanly discussion about tech:
my point was, once a decision is made to frame WP around 'there's an app for that', doesn't that automatically lead to, those with the most [apps in this case], wins? Hence iOS.

I'm open to other arguments about why I'm wrong.

This is what has led me to iOS. But at the same time it mostly has to do with no windows phones on tmobile. Now I am on iOS. I am happy I don't have to worry about missing any apps.

8.1 OS IS THE BEST OS, but apps is sadly keeping this platform from expanding. Not having flagships on every carrier is also keeping this from expanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
This is what has led me to iOS. But at the same time it mostly has to do with no windows phones on tmobile. Now I am on iOS. I am happy I don't have to worry about missing any apps.

8.1 OS IS THE BEST OS, but apps is sadly keeping this platform from expanding. Not having flagships on every carrier is also keeping this from expanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully will change this November. ;) At least, the flagship end, not sure about the apps part though.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Can u tell me your FB app version?

Newest version. I posted a thread on this before lol. Step 1. Hard reset. Step 2 is I guess ignore the prompt to download the app and use the me tile as is. Download the app later on if you please. I don't wanna risk my main phone to see what happens if I disable Facebook

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Well, until the population of "Planet America" realise that there are other platforms besides those of Apple and Google then it will never sell will it. Fortunately America isn't the world and the rest of the world begs to differ!!!
I live in America. And I really don't care what other countries trends are, or what phones they choose to purchase.But in America people don't seem to be interested in WP.

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Charged up my Samsung Focus last night and played around with it. I noticed all the things that I like most about WP are better on my Focus running Mango than on my 1020 running WP 8.1 Developer Preview, much better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs