Windows Phone 8.1 improved WP, but it may have also killed it.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I live in America. And I really don't care what other countries trends are, or what phones they choose to purchase.But in America people don't seem to be interested in WP.

You don't care what the trends are in other countries, well you should, there are far more countries in the world than just America!!!

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
You don't care what the trends are in other countries, well you should, there are far more countries in the world than just America!!!

What? Since when? I recall North America, South America, Red America, Original America, and maybe Dangerous America, but nothing else comes to mind. Elaborate please. :)

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
This is what has led me to iOS. But at the same time it mostly has to do with no windows phones on tmobile. Now I am on iOS. I am happy I don't have to worry about missing any apps.

8.1 OS IS THE BEST OS, but apps is sadly keeping this platform from expanding. Not having flagships on every carrier is also keeping this from expanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya, i went through the same dilemma in Nov 2013...sold my L920 and used my HW upgrade for an iPhone 5S. While iOS is rock solid and has every single App imaginable, the UI, small screen (esp for typing) and the fact it felt like i was still using my first smartphone (3G) led me back to WP when i saw 8.1.

If iOS works for you thats great! It kept me hooked for about 7 months when i just got tired looking at the thing. Its a solid OS that doesnt goof around, but my gosh is it the most boring UI that has ever existed...worse than OSX.

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I never liked the hubs concept. But then I like the UNIX concept for apps - keep it simple, keep it small, do one thing and do it well.

I much prefer that there is now separate Music, Video, Podcasts and FM Radio apps than the old hub. They can all be maintained and updated separately.

WP 8.1 has stopped the "background app brought to the front by a tile is killed and restarted from its home panel" behaviour, which used to drive me nuts!

Oh, and separate media and ringer volumes, finally.

Just need to sort out the CalDav support now.

Sent from my Lumia 630 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Well , America wouldn't have WP devices if it wasn't for the rest of the planet buying them!!!
If the rest of the planet was overwhelmingly purchasing WP, American's would still not buy that device. Technology has reached a point where any manufacturer can put a device together with great hardware specs. However, the WP experience has gotten worse over time in my opinion.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
If the rest of the planet was overwhelmingly purchasing WP, American's would still not buy that device. Technology has reached a point where any manufacturer can put a device together with great hardware specs. However, the WP experience has gotten worse over time in my opinion.

Then why are you still using a Windows Phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon