Can someone suggest a good CSV reader and a safe place to download one

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Can someone suggest a good CSV reader and a safe place to download one? I am just coming back to Windows and am out of touch with safe places to download programs. The Microsoft Store doesn't have a good CSV reader. My company sends out reports in CSV file format and I cannot open them.

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
My Excel used to open and read CSV files but for some reason it doesn't any more. I don't know if my company is doing something to the files to make them unreadable with Excel or what. It is a mess. I guess I will have to call the tech dept of my company and see what is going on.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
CSV stands for Comma Seperated Values.
It is nothing more than a text file with lines of data with commas separating the columns. You should be able to open the file up and read it in notepad. It won't look pretty but it will be readable.
Excel has no problem opening those files, either by association or through a file open dialog.

Maybe you are getting a .csv file that doesn't actually contain comma separated value data in clear text. It might be interesting to see what you get when you open it in notepad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo