Reinstalling apps on another Windows Phone

b0blight

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi all !

Here's the deal. I just recently switched from a Lumia 920 to a Lumia 1020 (Yay !). When I was setting up my new phone, I wanted to reinstall some apps. One of those apps, Ultimate Guitar Tabs, was a paid app ($4.99 in my country). I assumed that the app, since I had already paid for it, would be automatically credited to my account and the store would recognize that. But no, that's not the case. When I checked it out, I realise I had to pay AGAIN for it. Does anyone knows why does it work this way ? Is a purchased app credited to phone or account (I'm assuming the latter). And is there a way for me to get back my paid app on my 1020 without having to pay again ?

Thanks !

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Try reinstalling it from the windows phone website (in your apps history bit). You need to make sure "always use push notifications (not SMS) to send commands and apps to my phone" is ticked under the Find My Phone settings, and that the screen is on and unlocked for it to work.

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi all !

Here's the deal. I just recently switched from a Lumia 920 to a Lumia 1020 (Yay !). When I was setting up my new phone, I wanted to reinstall some apps. One of those apps, Ultimate Guitar Tabs, was a paid app ($4.99 in my country). I assumed that the app, since I had already paid for it, would be automatically credited to my account and the store would recognize that. But no, that's not the case. When I checked it out, I realise I had to pay AGAIN for it. Does anyone knows why does it work this way ? Is a purchased app credited to phone or account (I'm assuming the latter). And is there a way for me to get back my paid app on my 1020 without having to pay again ?

Thanks !

Normally if you use the MS account on another device, you can install your paid apps linked to that account. Just click the buy button again on the new device and it will redirect you to a screen that says 'its already purchased, do you want to install it?'

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon