Cannot Find New Preview Updates

shadowsheep

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 620 running Windows Phone 8.1 Preview (the original build 8.10.12359.845) and I want to update the preview, however when I go to "Check for Updates" in settings, all I get is a message saying my phone is up to date.

This is even after I make sure to set the date/time correct, since my 620 has not been able to keep time and date accurately since I installed the 8.1 preview. (I use it mainly as a Wi-Fi device without cell service).

Is there a way to force update it?

Ploydd

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Make sure you have Preview for Developers app enabled. That happened to me after I did a hard reset. I'd check that first.

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Just as an FYI, simply having the Dev Preview app installed is not enough. If for instance you performed a hard reset after updating to WP8.1 you may have installed the Dev Preview app but never went through to "re-enable" it. You need to go through the process of signing into it with your live ID and tell it to get the DP Updates. After that, check again and they should pull down any additional updates that are available.

Michaelwc

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I have an Icon running 8.1. I performed a hard reset and stopped receiving updates. I followed instructions I found on this site, including the info above, but when I sign into the app with my live ID all I get is a screen telling me I need to be registered to download the app.
I connected my phone to my PC, opened the Developer Registration which tells me my phone is registered and unlocked for development. Any help would be appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb