Wp8.1 dp (12397.895)

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I have updated my 1520 yesterday morning to the latest 8.1 DP, build number 12397.895. Post update I am getting crazy battery drain when on standby mode and device gets hot. My wife's 720 is having the same build but the device is not suffering the problem.
I have only noticed the issue when I reached home last night and not being connected to a Wi-Fi network. I am connected to cellular data right now(always turned off when not in use) so I am testing whether issue is related to device not being connected to a data network.

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
My 1520 got hot and began the crazy drain this morning. Turned off, waited 5 minutes to cool down, turned back on and all is well. (Fingers crossed.)

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
+820

battery draining is too fast, also taking too much time get recharged as well

Odd you should say that, I charged my 1520 yesterday and I thought it took ages to charge, just checked insider pro and my charge rate was jut 21% per hour. It is usually twice that.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I had an odd problem. Phone was charged to 100 % before I updated. When update was finished I had less than 30% battery left.

That is common. I think the upgrade process doesn't do any power management and totally kills the phone.

My phone even died mid-update. Thankfully after applying power it upgraded ok.

In future, I'll always plug in.

Edit: 5 mins is pretty bizarre though!

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Update here. Crazy draining had stopped. I performed a soft reset yesterday turned off bluetooth which is always on prior update 3, reinstalled MoliPlayer Pro, uninstalled OneLens which have an update.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
That is common. I think the upgrade process doesn't do any power management and totally kills the phone.

My phone even died mid-update. Thankfully after applying power it upgraded ok.

In future, I'll always plug in.

Edit: 5 mins is pretty bizarre though!

The update DOESN'T kill the battery at all. The battery still has the same charge, it is just that the OS calibration will be non existent until it is charged and drained a few times. SOP for WP8....

rmeigs

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Stable on my Lumia 1020 and have the Cortana live tile on. Battery life has never been better. Sorry to hear that you have battery life issues on the 1520 and hope you're able to get them resolved.

ODwyerPW

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Very good on my 920...
Had a strange password sync problem with the primary account... don't know if it was related to the update or fooling around with the VPN.
Point is.... I did nothing with the account/passwords..... but then had issues.
Fixed it somewhat quickly...but it wasn't intuitive...

I initially thought there was some heat/rapid battery exhaustion.... but that's a difficult call as it's 105 to 114degF (39 - 42degC) here.
Regardless, am not noticing that at present.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro