Windows Phone to Outlook on PC?

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just configure your Outlook 2013 to sync with Hotmail directly. Not additional software needed. Phone don't even need to connect to your PC.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Just configure your Outlook 2013 to sync with Hotmail directly. Not additional software needed. Phone don't even need to connect to your PC.
Well, it's my live account that has the contacts, but same thing, right?
Also, if I'm in Outlook 2013 with my Outlook profile and my wife goes in with hers, can she add her OWN live account contacts the same way or will she see mine?

timppa_k

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
U have to make two mail account one for u and one for your wife. It means one account contains mail, address book, calendar etc. U don't see your wife's mail and vice versa.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
U have to make two mail account one for u and one for your wife. It means one account contains mail, address book, calendar etc. U don't see your wife's mail and vice versa.

Yes, I think we're talking about the same thing but I think they're called profiles. Unless I'm wrong?

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hotmail/Live/Outlook/MSN accounts are all the same thing. Although Outlook support profiles, you really don't need to. Each account's contacts, mail and calendars are separate from each other and clearly labeled.

At my house hold, me and my wife have the separate Windows login accounts. She likes to use Outlook. I don't. I prefer Windows Mail from Windows 8.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. I can't seem to find in the help section how to connect the hotmail contacts to my Outlook program. By the way I should mention, I don't use hotmail in outlook. I use my own private server.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
tpapictures, you can do the export /import thing but...

I have outlook 2013 on my PC, logging on with same ID as I use for my WP. I have 4 POP email accounts (.pst data files) + 2 outlook accounts (.ost data files). Each has its own inbox and I can specify which account should be the default "send from" address, though I can select any from the email form.

I've moved all my contacts to my main outlook.com account, which is the email account I have on my phone. BENEFIT? My contacts in outlook 2013 and my phone are always synced. I can still access those contacts from any of my email accounts and when I replace my computer with that Surface Pro 3, syncing will flows to that too.

Added benefit, calendars and tasks are synced too. :)

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
tpapictures, you can do the export /import thing but...
I just added my Live address to Outlook 2013. Then I moved those contacts to my main email contacts in Outlook. Problem: it removed all those contacts (obviously) from my Live account and therefore from my phone. So, I move them back and they reappear in Live and on my phone.

The only email I use Outlook with is an address I have with a private bluehost email server and domain name. I guess I was looking for some way to add my phone contacts to Outlook for access to those email addresses on my phone. If it's furthermore possible to keep the main email contacts synced with my phone, then even better but I'm not seeing how at this moment.

Last edited:

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Just thinking about trying this again... Let's say I do just add the Live account to my Outlook even though I never use it. Just to get the contacts onto my computer in Outlook. And then I set to always send from my other account. Can I get my IMAP Bluehost server email to use those Live contacts, and when I update contacts in Outlook, can I have them constantly synced to my Live account so that my laptop, phone, tablet all see those changes too?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99