Battery drains form 100% to empty within two hours after update to 8.10.12397.895 on Lumia 925

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I update two days ago to the latest developer preview (8.10.12397.895), since then the battery of my Lumia 925 goes from full to empty within 2h. The phone is also very hot the whole time which induces high CPU usage :cry:

I already tried soft and hard reset without success, problem remains.

It doesn't seem to be network related since there is almost no difference in airplane mode. I'm also trying to rule out background apps but in the meantime, does anyone else have the same problem or any idea how to solve it?

BR

Micha?l

My NL925 is running flawlessly after the first WP8.1 DP Update to preset.

balltounge

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I update two days ago to the latest developer preview (8.10.12397.895), since then the battery of my Lumia 925 goes from full to empty within 2h. The phone is also very hot the whole time which induces high CPU usage :cry:

I already tried soft and hard reset without success, problem remains.

It doesn't seem to be network related since there is almost no difference in airplane mode. I'm also trying to rule out background apps but in the meantime, does anyone else have the same problem or any idea how to solve it?

BR

Micha?l

Bought a lumia 925 2 days ago, get it updated to (8.10.12397.895) and had a same problem as yours. what i did was hard reset,flash downgrade back to wp8.0 using Nokia care suite, and updated again to version (8.10.12382.878) and it seems better than newer (8.10.12397.895)

Tonchi91

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I notice that battery on my L920 which is 2 months old last for about 15 hours with the latest update. I am only using facebook, nextgen reader, messaging apps and twice a day youtube. I don't believe that is normal.

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Guys, I appreciate the feedback an without any disrespect meant but:
1) I know very well this is a beta and I never complained about the fact that I have a problem or said it was unacceptable or ...
2) The whole purpose of a beta is to test it a gather feedback to solve potential issues (trust me as software engineer, I know it), and that's exactly what I'm doing. Trying to find a solution to a problem I'm having.
3) Please read the thread before posting some ready made solution you got from elsewhere. Before posting here, I searched for potential solution and explained in my first post what I already tried. I posted twice that I already tried soft and hard reset and still people are still posting to try that. What's the point, improving your forum stats?

Now to answer the question, there is no particular app draining the battery. Even after a fresh boot without even unlocking the screen once (no app allowed to run in the BG) I still have the same problem.

My guess is that something went wrong with the update and I should try to reinstall it. I will try the following and keep you posted... How to Remove the Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview on Nokia Devices | TheUnlockr

People keep saying that the WP 8.1 Developer Preview is in Beta and this is not true. The latest version of 8.1 is the official release. The only thing missing on the Nokia Phones is the firmware. And the only thing Beta is Cortana which is being updated on the backend not through the OS updates.

I hope you can figure this out. I just had to hard reset my wife's 1520 because it kept locking up and was draining and getting hot. A hard reset and not using the back up has fixed it. Restoring the backup tends to just restore the problems in my experience.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
People keep saying that the WP 8.1 Developer Preview is in Beta and this is not true. The latest version of 8.1 is the official release. The only thing missing on the Nokia Phones is the firmware. And the only thing Beta is Cortana which is being updated on the backend not through the OS updates.

I hope you can figure this out. I just had to hard reset my wife's 1520 because it kept locking up and was draining and getting hot. A hard reset and not using the back up has fixed it. Restoring the backup tends to just restore the problems in my experience.

So it might have been an app misbehaving? If that's the case, tell her to redownload her apps slowly and figure out which one it might be, then send a message to that developer. ;)

May 28, 2014
Visit site

My newest findings:
- Downgrading to 8.0 with Nokia Software Updater solved the issue. On 8.0 the battery drain was back to normal and no background CPU usage (phone was absolutely cold).
- Restoring the phone (all apps and settings), still no problem
- Updating again to 8.10.12397.895 and boom, problem is back with no app running after a fresh soft reset, around 1% battery gone every 2 minutes

dubr

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
The work around for this is to Unpin Cortana. It happens on my 1520 as well. Phone get red hot too.

I'm keeping Cortana unpinned until they sort that issue out.

Just use the search button anyway.

Tarik Aziz

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Just give the latest developer preview update and do a hard reset...and yeah u r good to go. My L1320 stays almost 2 days and 13 hrs with heavy usage.....

rajamass

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem on 1520, after the initial update for Dev Preview, things looked fine for sometime and after the most recent update (8.10.12397.895) the problem has worsened even
Battery drain+heat problem for every 2 days

myst02

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem on 1520, after the initial update for Dev Preview, things looked fine for sometime and after the most recent update (8.10.12397.895) the problem has worsened even
Battery drain+heat problem for every 2 days

Try post #17 solution, it worked for me perfectly :))))

Carlos A1

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE:

Try post #17 solution, it worked for me....

Actually it did not work. I am loosing about 25% hr. I disabled all background apps.

I did notice that if I turn OFF the data, then it cools down and goes back to normal.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz