We want the green colored Xbox Music/Video tiles back

Omar 11

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Xbox was and always known for its special green color and so its services we always had the green tiles for the music+video hub then we had the two separate apps with the green tile.
Now that we got the latest updates both apps got transparent tile.

Just imagine each and every app went transparent our start screen would turn dull and boring

We would like to at least have an option to turn transparent tile off

Please vote for this in the Xbox music uservoice

bring back the colored live tile – Xbox Music Suggestion Box

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I think MS is slowly moving away from the Xbox green branding on their apps. How else to explain the bland and generic Games, Music, and Video apps? Removing the cool animations from the tiles and making them transparent and lifeless is another step.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm all about having a choice, but there's nothing boring about transparent tiles. If its boring, your not creative enough with your background image.

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I think coloured tiles should be optional. But then I also think Microsoft should drop the Xbox branding on Music and on Video completely. It doesn't really make any sense. I'm not using an Xbox, I'm using a phone. Call it something more universal, like... Zune?

Omar 11

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm all about having a choice, but there's nothing boring about transparent tiles. If its boring, your not creative enough with your background image.

Remove the background then its all one colored tiles .... Not all of us want to have a background all the time ... And even with a background with all apps are transparent its like Android

mrcraggle

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Wow, someone who actually wants that ugly green tile. What we need is Zune back with a Live tile that always had the last artist you listened to showing and then was oddly removed for WP8 when not playing music. I really can't stand the new player. Play a song, go do something else, then use the volume to quickly get back to the app where it'll flash the player but then go to a black screen for a few seconds then show the player. What bs is that?

Omar 11

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

The app I assume only creates the green tile which is useful for the time being but when the music app gains the full live tile features that we are used to have on the old hub to show the artist when playing the music this tile will not be functional as we would like sl voting for the feature is the correct thing to get what we want

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
It's very funny. Microsoft shared their plans regarding the Music app like 6 weeks ago, and everybody who read this info should see that they are planning to bring the transparency to the Music app.
However, people just don't read it and start a post-factum complain.
I really enjoy when people are complaining yeah.

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
It's very funny. Microsoft shared their plans regarding the Music app like 6 weeks ago, and everybody who read this info should see that they are planning to bring the transparency to the Music app.
However, people just don't read it and start a post-factum complain.
I really enjoy when people are complaining yeah.

I think everyone here is aware of the transparent live tile being implemented, considering this thread was created to bemoan that fact.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Xbox was and always known for its special green color and so its services we always had the green tiles for the music+video hub then we had the two separate apps with the green tile.
Now that we got the latest updates both apps got transparent tile.

Just imagine each and every app went transparent our start screen would turn dull and boring

We would like to at least have an option to turn transparent tile off

Please vote for this in the Xbox music uservoice

bring back the colored live tile – Xbox Music Suggestion Box

If you don't want transparent tiles, turn off transparent tiles.

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if this true with all apps but when you have a transparent tile and you turn off transparency, the live tile uses your accent color theme: It doesn't revert back to its original colors.
Exactly. That's a problem! The start screen looks just boring without all the different colors.
I think there should be a toggle in the settings for
-Everything accent/background
-accent color/background but apps that use an own color show their own color
That would solve the problem.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Personally i hated that Green Tile, it didn't go at all well with a lot of the other Accent choices.

Besides, it doesn't take much work with placement and the right background to imitate the same effect.

But yes, a Toggle for Transparent Tiles would be best, because you can't please everyone.

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Personally i hated that Green Tile, it didn't go at all well with a lot of the other Accent choices.

Besides, it doesn't take much work with placement and the right background to imitate the same effect.

But yes, a Toggle for Transparent Tiles would be best, because you can't please everyone.

I'm not even sure it would go well with any of the accent colours let alone a lot of them.

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

Nonsense, every person has different taste. I too think that it looks bad with all tiles transparent, a few tiles with color to break it up looks much better to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb