Downloading apps above 20 mb

Piyush Jain3

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Please help I am not able to download apps above 20 mb on cellular network , it says I have to download it over wifi... This problem started since yesterday... Help

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Dude samne for me as well.... For last few days it has been sitting that..... But I probably know why this happens...

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Actually it is related to Microsoft recommended setings.... If you remember... When you started the phone for the first time.. It asked recommended or custom.... You must have selected recommended...

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
And to all the folks over there.... He is talking about the download cap of 20 MB. Which was removed months before in most of the regions.

Piyush Jain3

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Actually it is related to Microsoft recommended setings.... If you remember... When you started the phone for the first time.. It asked recommended or custom.... You must have selected recommended...

But before yesterday I was able to download apps under 100 mb on cellular data... I did my third update on Friday morning....

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I know dude......i was also able to do the same... But Microsoft can control this on the basis of your data sense report.....i mean to say if you have limited data for some time then Microsoft would generalize it to everyone with limited data so you don't regret your decision of wasting ur data...

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
You can actually get back that 100 MB limit again...... Ask you need to hard reseting your device and this time select custom usage...

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
As I had already stated that the restrictions by Microsoft is totally based upon you and your region..... One of my frnd also owns a Lumia with u3 on 8.1 but he is not experiencing this issue....

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Mine is back to 100mb again ....i knew this will happen in some time.....I have a used and succeeded trick for this..... Set your data sense limit to unlimited ... It will take around 5-10 days to get back to original 100 MB.....

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
So...i think you have understood how Microsoft handles your devices according to your capabilities.... Afordibilty and the best part is that.. It's good for us but sometimes it feels a bit restricted just as our parents do... That's why I love windows phone ecosystem.. It's like a family and its fun to watch windows phone grow

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss