Confirmed: Microsoft will launch Cortana in the UK and China in the coming weeks

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
You should have. No downside. :p

Actually there is, AFAIK settings for Cortana don't carry over from region to region and you have to switch regions back to buy anything from the Store, I don't really want to reboot my phone every time I want to purchase an app.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Now come to think of it, I had to put again the payment info for store. I didnt think of it at the time, but then I guess the reason was the region change?

Well anyway, the workaround for you guys is, to put Paypal account there. I have no problems with it. I have both of my cards connected to my Paypal account, so its the same anyway.

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Actually there is, AFAIK settings for Cortana don't carry over from region to region and you have to switch regions back to buy anything from the Store, I don't really want to reboot my phone every time I want to purchase an app.

That's news to me. I buy stuff all the time without changing region. As long as you have a credit card in file it works fine. And no it DOESNT need to be a US card.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
That's news to me. I buy stuff all the time without changing region. As long as you have a credit card in file it works fine. And no it DOESNT need to be a US card.

Are you paying through PayPal though, if so then that doesn't need a US card. I'm talking about paying using the card, no PayPal and no carrier billing.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Now come to think of it, I had to put again the payment info for store. I didnt think of it at the time, but then I guess the reason was the region change?

Well anyway, the workaround for you guys is, to put Paypal account there. I have no problems with it. I have both of my cards connected to my Paypal account, so its the same anyway.

What happens when I want to download an app that's restricted to the UK, I still have to change the region and reboot!!!

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
What happens when I want to download an app that's restricted to the UK, I still have to change the region and reboot!!!

How often does that happen? I can say I've never had to do it once. Cortana as worth it anyway. I'm used to her already. Ha. Cant go without.

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Are you paying through PayPal though, if so then that doesn't need a US card. I'm talking about paying using the card, no PayPal and no carrier billing.

I'm not using PayPal. I'm using an Australian visa card. It works fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs