IE11 question

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Currently I have a Lumia 520 running WP 8.1 but is only my spare phone till I decide what to buy next. Anyway,I've noticed on 8.1 DE you still cannot upload photos via IE11. What I want to know is will this change in the final release?? I think it's very poor of MS not to implement such a simple feature on a smartphone OS. Thanks

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Currently I have a Lumia 520 running WP 8.1 but is only my spare phone till I decide what to buy next. Anyway,I've noticed on 8.1 DE you still cannot upload photos via IE11. What I want to know is will this change in the final release?? I think it's very poor of MS not to implement such a simple feature on a smartphone OS. Thanks

Where exactly are you facing issues? I've been uploading images using IE11 ever since I installed the 8.1 dev preview. I worked fine for me on Facebook, Box and many other sites too.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Where are you trying to upload photos in IE? It very much depends on the website's support as much as WP. I've only tried using Flickr.com and Photobucket.com and in both cases, the picker works perfectly well, going straight to my pictures hub to select photos.

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Ah ok that's where I am going wrong the mobile view doesn't. That's still annoying though. Sorry for starting a thread which was my mistake. Thanks

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Just tried it and it's so poorly implemented. When you goto upload a photo you cannot see the image it's just a stupid text list of images.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just tried it and it's so poorly implemented. When you goto upload a photo you cannot see the image it's just a stupid text list of images.

Wait a minute. After tapping the upload button on the website, you're automatically navigated to the file picker, which offers three choices. What you need to pick there is "photos" or similar. This will bring up the thumbnail view you're used to from the pictures hub (app). No files names, no nothing. Just thumbnail images.

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes I said in another post I got it wrong sorry 😊 thanks for your help. Am normally tech minded I am but this did my head in cos originally I just tried uploading via Facebook Mobile and I presumed it didn't work.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes I said in another post I got it wrong sorry �� thanks for your help. Am normally tech minded I am but this did my head in cos originally I just tried uploading via Facebook Mobile and I presumed it didn't work.

You're welcome. That's what this community is all (or at least mostly) about: help. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs