Maybe Marcus Ash is too busy notice, but Redmond's marketing for Windows Phone has been pathetic up to this point. Had it not been for the pre-Microsoft Nokia I would've seen a grand total of zero WP8 ads in 2013.
    I know that's not Ash's fault but he and Joe B. need to at least lobby Nadella for a real advertising campaign before being perplexed as how to increase Cortana exposure.

Meanwhile Apple and Samsung both have real advertising campaigns going for their new fitness apps. Microsoft has a massive war chest full of profits, heck they make close to $2 billion off Android from patent licensing alone, use some of that moola to push WP and maybe hire some prestigious marketing firms.

I bet if the WPCentral editors walked through their city and showed a bunch of random people in the streets various WP devices most of them wouldn't know what type of phone they are. Then do the same with an iPhone 5S and Galaxy S5 and see the difference. I'd be shocked if more than 25% of the people recognized the WP OS and devices. That's purely on whoever is in charge of WP marketing.
    06-16-2014 04:40 PM
    Please continue discussion in the following thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/gen...s-wp-need.html
    Guytronic and jnjroach like this.
    06-16-2014 04:56 PM