Metro apps stopped working after bsod...help!

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
My PC is having a Windows XP- 8.1 dual boot.
Few days ago, i was working on XP and got blue screen of death (BSOD), I switched over to windows 8.1, got BSOD again.
The BSOD errors i am getting is probably due to RAM issue... It happens with me every six months.... Every six months usually I open up my PC, blow up dust inside CPU, remove RAM and re-insert it in the other RAM slot (my pc has 2 slots).

This time, i have not done so yet...XP is still working to some extent (BSOD occurance in XP is less)
Windows 8.1, apart from having frequent BSODs, has encountered a major error (since occurrence of very first BSOD)

All the metro apps, except STORE and SETTINGS, have STOPPED WORKING.

A small 'x' is showing up on all the tiles on start screen and all apps in app list are indicated as 'error' (SCREENSHOTS ATTACHED). None of the apps are opening

Untitled.jpg
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled4.jpg

Please help me fix this issue (i 'll fix BSOD on my own)

I tried refreshing my PC but the problem is that when i insert windows 8 installation media, it displays error msg, that disk is not recognized. Actually i had upgraded the OS from windows 8 to 8.1, so I dont have the 8.1 installation media... Also I cant bear the pain of reinstalling windows 8 and Upgrade it to 8.1.1 !

I have also tried running the app troubleshooter by microsoft but it didnt work.

I dont have recovery partition since i have low (only 250 gb) hard drive with lots of data on it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb