8.1 problems upgrading

aboveaverage12

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello all.

I have an odd issue that I can't seem to find a fix for. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I have an HTC 8XT for Sprint. It is a replacement device for one where the speakers stopped working. The old phone I had 8.1 on with no issues and was humming along just fine. I got the replacement, activated it, and went about downloading all my apps and everything else to it. Here's where it gets goofy. I did the update to 8.1 and then did the hard reset like I did with my old phone. After it came out of the reset, it had reverted to 8.0. I think no big deal I'll just do the update again. But when I do the check for updates, the phone says that my software is up to date.

I really liked 8.1 but all the tools I see that others have posted to try to reset things so I can reinitiate the update are all for Nokias. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks all!

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
After any sort of hard reset you would need to reinstall and activate the Preview for Developers app to get 8.1 again.

aboveaverage12

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Oops I didn't mention that I've done the preview again and it says I'm up to date. I've also done multiple hard resets and it still won't update to 8.1

Leoflores156

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I have one with the same problem buy when I started the process it updated like 2 or 3 times and then it said I was up to date and didn't update to wp 8.1 I'm so disappointed

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa