What would you like to see in GDR1?

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Exactly what is says on the tin. There's a thread for WP9 or 8.5 or whatever, but GDR1 is much closer. Since MS reads this, it's best we make a thread where they MIGHT read and pick features to add(if any).
I'll start.
1) Release the awesome mail app they've been working on in the background (probably some mobile outlook version)
2) Release the awesome office apps they've been working on in the background.
3) Music and videos should've been fixed by then
4) Add media back to the store and make the S lowercase. Or just make the S lowercase. Or just make the S lowercase in the final release.
5)interactive notifications-the kind that were demoed by Qxerro
6) expanded messaging hub functionality leaked previously
7) USB OTG
8) Special Kitchen sink detector which absorbs all features but leaves the kitchen sink behind

lordsnow

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
USB OTG already confirmed. The interactive notifications would be a great feature but I don't see it coming before the next version of WP, or maybe on a GDR3.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Shortened settings list with some settings merged with others (display/touch/brightness).

Tile folders that aren't an app.

More quick actions (ie cellular).

More accent colors. Not custom accent colors or a lame color wheel but more shades and tones from MS.

Stuff that was broken or left out of 8.1:

Option to take games out of the app list.

Option to make the system tray auto-hide like in 8.0.

A real music app with a live tile.

A real games app with a live tile.

Pinch out carousel effect in gallery. This needs to come back

Cursor like what we had in 8.0. The little bubbles suck.

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
1) Bring back the default sound for when the phone is on a charger like it is in WP8 or at least give us a choice. The sound name is alert 3 in WP8.1 but no way to change it for the charging sound. I don't care for the new sound.

2) New Theme accent colors. How hard is it to give us a color picker?

3) Super Wide tiles. I don't like how the wide tile is now when I add the 3rd row of tiles on a smaller screen like the 920. It's too small and should fill across the screen.

4) Rename Battery Saver to Battery Sense and make it work correctly. Right now I have it disabled and OFF since it's good for nothing and drains my battery. Getting great battery life with it off.

5) Allow Toast notifications to stay on the screen for more than 1-2 seconds. They go away too fast. I know I can read missed notifications in the Action Center. Cool, but I can barely read the toasts fast enough on top of my screen before they go away.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
1) Bring back the default sound for when the phone is on a charger like it is in WP8 or at least give us a choice. The sound name is alert 3 in WP8.1 but no way to change it for the charging sound. I don't care for the new sound.

+2520
The new sound is way too subtle and doesn't fit in with the other sounds. I guess a few people complained to MS that the old sound was too loud and happy. Change it back or at least give us the option.

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
- Add traditional Chinese with qwerty input
- Add a decent Chinese - Eng dictionary
- Allow office to open password protected files
- Add encryption
- Add a decent mail hub with different colors for each account.

That's pretty much it for me. Those are the basics I need to work. It'll save me from having to spend another 700 euros on a note 4. If later on they add multitasking with split screen and the possibility to listen to videos on YouTube etc while doing and add 3 row tiles and tiles become interactive I stay on Windows.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't think of a single thing that wouldn't make the WP more Androidy or iOSy. I'm really quite happy with Windows Phone at the moment.

Well, VPN that's not just implemented to make the feature list would be nice I guess.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
-Update Office
-Less space between tiles on start screen.
-[As an option] Vertical tiles would be awesome
-[Barely need it] Mobile data toggle in action center.
-5 Toggles in action center < this I think is coming. Saw it on video review of Indian WP

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

2) New Theme accent colors. How hard is it to give us a color picker?

3) Super Wide tiles. I don't like how the wide tile is now when I add the 3rd row of tiles on a smaller screen like the 920. It's too small and should fill across the screen.

4) Rename Battery Saver to Battery Sense and make it work correctly. Right now I have it disabled and OFF since it's good for nothing and drains my battery. Getting great battery life with it off.

]That's not possible. Someone else has a copyright on Battery Sense

5) Allow Toast notifications to stay on the screen for more than 1-2 seconds. They go away too fast. I know I can read missed notifications in the Action Center. Cool, but I can barely read the toasts fast enough on top of my screen before they go away.

vinayscxbox

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
- A background for the whole of phone, not just the white/black theme. I know this isn't coming so soon, but bringing it would be awesome..
- Cellular Data option in Action Center.(I wonder why did MS skip this..)
- In the Action Center, when we tap over BT/WI-FI icons, they should only turn on or off. If we want to go to the respective settings, just do a long tap, and we land to the settings page.
- Options to add more icons in the Action Center. Not only 4 or 5..
- The Music, Videos and Games apps suck. Improve them.
- FILES should be a system app. Don't make it an independent app.
- As usual, Cortana getting into more regions..
- Reorder the Settings page. They are just put in a nonsense order.
- Allow us to sort the App List as per our wish..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte