Hi all,

I have gotten pretty used to my Windows Phone 8.1 now. I came from an iphone and I HATED sync through iTunes because of the lack of control and the pain involved with 4 people in the house all wanting their own music to sync.

So I left the group and went Windows phone. I love it. Now I have Pocket File Manager working for me, and it is awesome. But my question now is, how to sync music? I know Xbox music kinda sucks, but when it come to the file system in the music folder, I am confused. I am tempted to get back into using a sync, but I just love the control of using drag and drop to manually control the action. So, when I connect my phone to the computer, it looks like in the Music folder you have folders named after the Artist, them you go in and there are folders for each album, then you go in and there are the songs. But if you set your folder view options to show hidden files, there are 4 hidden folders: Album, Artist, Playlist, PodcastSeries.
    My question is, how do you all deal with putting your ripped music on your phone? Do you drag and drop, or use sync? I notice not everything has album art, which is a pain, but browsing the files doesn't reveal where the album art even exists! What is the proper structure here? And where should I put album art? And how does it get metadata'ed foruse by the system? Any and all thoughts or advice or experiences are much appreciated! (This is a similar thing that drove me away from iphone...)
    06-20-2014 02:42 PM
    Use the latest version of Windows Media Player for music sync.
    06-20-2014 06:03 PM
    I prefer drag and drop because I have a complex labeling system that I use on all of my music folders on my PC, but I'm pretty sure the Windows Phone program works with music syncing. I don't use it very often (so I'm not sure if it works or not), but it's purpose is to sync stuff with your PC so I don't see why it wouldn't

Windows Phone app for desktop | Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone How-to | Windows Phone (United States)
    06-20-2014 07:17 PM