windows phone 8.1 notifications centre

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I personally was looking forward to the notification center and its ultimately become my most liked new feature (followed by the transparent tile option). And it has nothing to do with any other platform seeing as I've been on the WP platform the longest.

Also, there is no way live tiles or simple lock screen notifications are any where near as comprehensive as the notification center.

Joshhi

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I personally was looking forward to the notification center and its ultimately become my most liked new feature (followed by the transparent tile option). And it has nothing to do with any other platform seeing as I've been on the WP platform the longest.

Also, there is no way live tiles or simple lock screen notifications are any where near as comprehensive as the notification center.

Even though the notification panel is great Microsoft could have done much more rather than just copying everyone else. Microsoft has something unique, they shouldn't squander the opportunity to make it even more unique.

Joshhi

May 3, 2014
Visit site
It's actually pretty interesting that in the majority of the concept videos that I watched the designers allowed access of the quick toggles and notification panel by swiping left to right. Kinda wished I suggested it to Joe bellifore on his reddit AMA
Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I just see Microsoft playing it safe with the design of windows/WP from here on out. Besides McLaren and whatever tech is going into that phone; I don't think we will see anything radically different/unique. Which is a shame. But who knows I guess.

rain620

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Apps don't show up in notification center if their tile is not pinned in the start screen, in my case. Is it supposed to be like that?

Edit: I notice this for Twitter only.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
tapping a notification in the actin center sends you to the event, on the other hand, tapping the live tile will just open the app.

Joshhi

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunate that after such a radical change in smart phone OS's that Microsoft will probably play it safe from here on out and stick to the norms.
Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Windows phone notification centre in windows 8.1 is a waste feature, because every notification is already showing in the live tile itself. It will be better if we get every app notifications shown on the lock screen itself, instead of selecting which app to show notification in lock screen. I would appreciate if Microsoft make changes.

Well!
Not at all a waste feature!
I have more than 75 apps.. out of which i get notifications from atleast 40 apps every time!
Do you think that notifications of these 40 apps will fit in lock screen??
And you said that every notification is already showing in the live tile itself.. dude there's a diff between live tiles and notification centre!!
I think you understand what diff i am talking about! ;)

saurabh_mridul

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Action center in WP is unique it's own way but i would rather be happy if it's extended to next level.
1. there should be a way to mute the notifications where in i am chatting to my friends on facebook from pc and seeing every single chat notification in my WP.... that kinda sucks.
2. Quick panel in action center should change to carousel panel for accommodating as many number of things user wants and only 4-5 quick items will be displayed at a time.
:cool::cool::cool:

adzzzbatch

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
One little thing I don't like about the notification centre is the wifi button, it's great that wifi turns on when you press it, but you should be able to turn it off when you press it too and not be taken to settings.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
One little thing I don't like about the notification centre is the wifi button, it's great that wifi turns on when you press it, but you should be able to turn it off when you press it too and not be taken to settings.
While it's not as straightforward, it's closer to the paradigm Windows 8.x has.

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

No.. Its actually helpful! Atleast i find it! Because when you find a new network which is secured, it takes you to settings so that you can connect it!

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Lets be honest here. It's a toggle; which means it should turn that function on and off. Not bring you to the settings menu to then turn it off. Seriously how much sense does that make?

Joshhi

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Lets be honest here. It's a toggle; which means it should turn that function on and off. Not bring you to the settings menu to then turn it off. Seriously how much sense does that make?

It would have been better to have long press to activate settings

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss