windows phone 8.1 notifications centre

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Lets be honest here. It's a toggle; which means it should turn that function on and off. Not bring you to the settings menu to then turn it off. Seriously how much sense does that make?

As much sense of having games in the app list suddenly. I'm not sure why MS choose to have it go to the settings page but they probably have some weird reason why.

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
As much sense of having games in the app list suddenly. I'm not sure why MS choose to have it go to the settings page but they probably have some weird reason why.

I believe that they did it for 'discoverability' of those games apps. Which I guess makes sense but I hate it with a passion. They want to make WP as similar as the competing OS's so that when people switch it isn't a jarring experience. I hate all of what I just said...

JobSteves

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
It's actually pretty interesting that in the majority of the concept videos that I watched the designers allowed access of the quick toggles and notification panel by swiping left to right. Kinda wished I suggested it to Joe bellifore on his reddit AMA
Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk
Microsoft has said that having the notification center on the left would interfere with other apps like how you swipe left to right in IE 11 to go back or forward.

Joshhi

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft has said that having the notification center on the left would interfere with other apps like how you swipe left to right in IE 11 to go back or forward.

It is still possible I've seen Android apps that allow you to long press and swipe to access specific areas of that app. They even allow the user to choose the height of the swipe area along with the distance from the edge. That's a cheap answer from Microsoft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs