Does 8.1 allow users to sync corporate mail boxes?

Santhosh L720

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Dear users/admins.. can you plz share whether 8.1 allows user to sync their corporate mails biz Microsoft Active Sync.. As you know due to,lack if some security policies, user were not allowed to do so. Plz clarify.

RoarinRow

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
My co-worker had ActiveSync on his Lumia Icon, then he went and switched to his new Android Note 3. I am expecting to get on the ActiveSync program early next month so at least I know they support 8.1.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a 1020 on 8.1 and it syncs just fine with the exchange server at work as well as the active sync connector to my Zimbra Network Edition at home. I have no idea what the policies look like at work so my experience may not transfer to a company that has a very locked down and restrictive environment by comparison. But, I suppose it's still a positive data point in any case :)

kishorekumar_a

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I am using the Exchange Active Sync with my corporate mailbox and it is working perfectly. It receives mails faster than even my desktop outlook and also enforces the required corporate policies. The calendar and notes synchronization is perfect. I also have the corporate contact list synchronized to my phone contacts. I also can search through the Corporate Address book right from my phone.

This is the best implementation of Exchange Active Sync I have seen in out of all Phone OSes. So there really is no question of the performance of the Exchange Active Sync option.

Uppgrayedd

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have ActiveSync Setup on my phone. I had to make an application request to my company to enable ActiveSync for my work email account. It forces my device to have a passcode. If I remove the lock screen passcode the email will not sync. It's part of the policy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3