When will official 8.1/Cyan update be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I noticed my battery drained much faster on my 8x when I put the preview on it. It was when it was first released and since switched to a 920 on 8.0. I haven't really touched or updated the 8x since the initial 8.1 preview was released. Cortana also started acting wonky after the first week or so. Has it improved at all?

As seems to be usual, I never have any problems with 8.1 on the 8x. Cortana is fine as well. YMMV, as it always seems to go with beta software. This type of thing happens on WP, as well as BB OS10 and Android - until official release you take your chances. However, I ended up wiping my 8x while it was on 8.0, then doing the install. It was painful but I'm happy with the phone.

Helder Costa1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 8.1 GDR 1

if it is true where the f**??%%&&k is cyan update??? would you update without the cyan??? or is cyan update just not needed at all?? can someone let us know?? hey Mr. Rubino what do you think???

psgenious

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site

features i hope and likely to come in gdr 1 -
Native folder support ( confirmed at some sites)
usb OTG ( some hints over the net)
improvement in camera.
cellular quick link in action center ( i wish :love: )
lock screen app support. ( as i think)
------------- i wish but sure that may not come :p ------------------------------
able to swipe left also to remove notification in action center.
action center in landscape view.
more than 5 quick links in action center, able to scroll them left or right.
full landscape view support ( homescreen also).tap and hold action center quick links to go to there settings page.
better and louder speaker.

lol , i think i wished more :p

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
So, some poeople already have Cyan, did they review somewhere if it solved a lot of problems and if battery life is better? Why do I see no Cyan experiences anywhere?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

if it is true where the f**??%%&&k is cyan update??? would you update without the cyan??? or is cyan update just not needed at all?? can someone let us know?? hey Mr. Rubino what do you think???

someone needs to chill.
many of us updated to 8.1 without cyan.
In official updates, the firmware and the OS is bundled, but they can function independently. (GDR2 + Amber, Update 3 + Black, 8.1 + Cyan officially, but Update 3/GDR3 was had with Amber because of the Developer Preview, and currently many of us are using 8.1 with Black.)

the official 8.1 + cyan is still being pushed out, so dial back the vitriol and be patient, we don't have a choice. its just news of an 8.1 update.

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

someone needs to chill.
many of us updated to 8.1 without cyan.
In official updates, the firmware and the OS is bundled, but they can function independently. (GDR2 + Amber, Update 3 + Black, 8.1 + Cyan officially, but Update 3/GDR3 was had with Amber because of the Developer Preview, and currently many of us are using 8.1 with Black.)

the official 8.1 + cyan is still being pushed out, so dial back the vitriol and be patient, we don't have a choice. its just news of an 8.1 update.

from what i understand we'll get the carrier update stuff when it's released by them.
we'll continue to get any updates that MS pushes out as well

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
So where is Lumia Cyan?

So isn't Lumia Cyan supposed to be released within the next 2 weeks of July?

I am on developer preview of Windows Phone 8.1, using UK unlocked version of Lumia 1520. Do I need to leave developers preview or remain on it to get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss