When will official 8.1/Cyan update be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: 8.1 update?

I just purchased a new Lumia icon. I was expecting 8.1 to be available but so far that is not the case.

will 8.1 be available for the Icon or is the update just not available to all users yet?

It is available via the Developer Preview and it's running fine on my Icon.

mukulagarwal

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Can any one tell me while updating the update stops procedding if the screen gets locked after some time.
Its not possible for me to sit with my phone tapping on the screen after ever 5min.
Is there any solution for this?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Can any one tell me while updating the update stops procedding if the screen gets locked after some time.
Its not possible for me to sit with my phone tapping on the screen after ever 5min.
Is there any solution for this?

I'm sure updates can still install while the screen is locked. I've only experienced updates stopping when I was updating the offline maps. You can also still use the device while apps are updating in the background. Another option could be to increase the lock screen time out.

mukulagarwal

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure updates can still install while the screen is locked. I've only experienced updates stopping when I was updating the offline maps. You can also still use the device while apps are updating in the background. Another option could be to increase the lock screen time out.
i am talking about the phone update....

Sultan of Swing01

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Haven't received Windows 8.1 update yet

So I've been hearing about the new Windows 8.1 update and I haven't received it yet. (I have a Nokia Lumia 920) So any help would be appreciated thanks.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Haven't received Windows 8.1 update yet

Most users on here have acquired it via Preview for Developers and they are missing the manufacturer's firmware to complete the OS (battery optimisations and camera goodies and such). To date, it's only officially available to all Lumia 630, 635, 930 (they came with it already) and Finnish 925 users via the Cyan update for Lumias. For everybody else it's just a waiting game, but other releases will be announced on the front page as and when they are confirmed.

palmujukka

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Haven't received Windows 8.1 update yet

That update hasn't been officially released, but you can install the Developer Preview if you want it right now. However, the DP comes without the Cyan firmware which is needs for some features to work, eg. living images, Miracast, BT 4.0 LE,etc. The official update with Cyan will probably be released sometime in July/August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon