When will official 8.1/Cyan update be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
AT&T is never the first with any updates lol ask HTC m7 owners.

Updates rely on BOTH the manufacturer and the service provider.

With Nokia, Cyan is obviously complete, so we'll see what happens with AT&T. If earlier posts are accurate, it will also vary slightly by phone model as it has in the past. I have a 1520, so I'm assuming outside of the brand new phones shipping with Cyan/8.1, I will get the update "first." We'll see.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Att wont release a firmware update till a few months after they get the new Nokias. You can take at&T update schedule and add 3-5 months to it. Those of us who have been with att long enough know the drill.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Att wont release a firmware update till a few months after they get the new Nokias.

And by that time older devices such as the 920 will be 2 years old, and the first ones will be replaced with contract renewals. My bet is that AT&T's 920 will never officially see WP8.1. But since I have one, I hope I'm wrong!

ACynicalLamp

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
They announced it on their website the same day Microsoft announced the update.

http://about.att.com/story/att_among_first_to_bring_windows_phone_8_1_to_consumers.html

EDIT: Hah...and just remembered, the announcement is the reason this thread actually started...it IS the first post.

I appreciate you looking it up and what not. That's not really a confirmation the wording changes from first to among the first. Which my ATTanese is pretty good, it means "a day that ends in day in a year that starts with 2."

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate you looking it up and what not. That's not really a confirmation the wording changes from first to among the first. Which my ATTanese is pretty good, it means "a day that ends in day in a year that starts with 2."

You simply asked where it said they will be the first... there it is. We'll see.

I haven't been through a major update with them on my WP yet, so I'm still trying to be "glass half full" kind of guy.

iambengreen

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Three UK rolling out WP 8.1 'end of July'

3 UK said to be rolling out WP 8.1 end of July!

I spoke to them on Facebook, not sure how to add screenshots on here but I made the comment on their latest video upload. They say its subject to change, but news is news and I wanted to share! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Amran Nagal

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't see any nee features coming to pre 1520 phones.
A few firmware updates perhaps.
So cyan is pretty useless for me.
I use a 925 btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz