Windows Phone 8.1 update releasing tomorrow? (says the wikipedia page)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 1320 is unlocked, does that mean I get it today?

No. Far as I can tell, nobody has had it today or it would be all over the site front page that it's been released.

Second, it would depend if your phone is a country variant (ie sim free or factory unlocked). If it's been unlocked by a 3rd party then you are still stuck with the release schedule of the original network, unless you flash the rom to a country variant version.

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
No. Far as I can tell, nobody has had it today or it would be all over the site front page that it's been released.

Second, it would depend if your phone is a country variant (ie sim free or factory unlocked). If it's been unlocked by a 3rd party then you are still stuck with the release schedule of the original network, unless you flash the rom to a country variant version.

I am aware it has not released yet, I am just asking if it does release will I be able to download it right away with an unlocked device. =)

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
It seems impossible to get any information out of O2, Microsoft or Nokia about the release expected today. I have tried contacting them, and it felt like I was asking about how to build a space rocket using a washing up liquid bottle. No one at any of the places I contacted seemed to know WP8.1 even existed!!

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
In the US we are at the mercy of the carriers. Even if Microsoft release it today, we will not have the update until few months after.

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Country Variants should get it first as carriers have to add their own junk before releasing. Glad I changed my ROM from EE UK to GB CV.

We already have it, so I doubt it. It would revert us back to ordinary software instead of dev previews. I get the feeling we will continue getting dev preview updates and will always have a later version than non-dev phones. Kind of like having Firefox Beta, you're always going to have Firefox Beta from then on.
sorry if this is a dumb question but how did you go about changing the ROM on your phone to a country varient

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Just had this tweet from Microsoft UK...

Microsoft UK ‏@MicrosoftUK 4m
@xxxxxxxxxxxx Great to hear your interest in 8.1. We have no news to share at the current time ....watch this space.

Might be a long wait til we actually see anything :unhappy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb