Windows Phone 8.1 update releasing tomorrow? (says the wikipedia page)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malay Agarwal

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Today and many more days ago I found many headlines (not on WP Central) saying that WP8.1 global rollout is set for 24th June (Yup, tomorrow). Even Wikipedia says so. I just wanted to confirm this?
Is it true?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I have seen speculation about this, but not sure on its validity. It is expected to be due around this summer period though. Also, I checked Wikipedia and could not see it mentioned there. Do you have a screenshot of it?

Malay Agarwal

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I have seen speculation about this, but not sure on its validity. It is expected to be due around this summer period though. Also, I checked Wikipedia and could not see it mentioned there. Do you have a screenshot of it?

"Windows Phone 8.1, announced at Microsoft's Build Conference in San Francisco, California, on April 2, 2014, is the current generation of Microsoft's Windows Phone mobile operating system, succeeding Windows Phone 8.[3] It was released in final form to Windows Phone developers on April 14, 2014. WP8.1 will roll out to all current Windows Phone 8 users on June 24th, pending carrier approval.[4][5][6][7][8]"
And here is the place where its mentioned.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
"Windows Phone 8.1, announced at Microsoft's Build Conference in San Francisco, California, on April 2, 2014, is the current generation of Microsoft's Windows Phone mobile operating system, succeeding Windows Phone 8.[3] It was released in final form to Windows Phone developers on April 14, 2014. WP8.1 will roll out to all current Windows Phone 8 users on June 24th, pending carrier approval.[4][5][6][7][8]"
And here is the place where its mentioned.

Ah yeah I see it now. Wow..I completely skipped that opening paragraph :eck: Well we'll see tomorrow then ;) Would be nice

Malay Agarwal

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Okay
Yup
That's one announcement we are expecting.
But the main concern is the WP8.1 official rollout..
Now, another site namely NDTV Gadgets has reported the same that it will rollout tomorrow (NDTV Gadgets is an Indian website)

Malay Agarwal

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
24th of June is the official start of support for WP8.1, that's all. Everything else is speculation, so I agree, let's wait & see.

Other than Wikipedia some sites have specifically mentioned both the lifecycle start and the rollout separately with a full stop between them. :D
One sentence mentions that the rollout will begin 24th and another mentions that the lifecycle,will begin 24th
Confusing

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
My understanding is that Microsoft officially launch and begin support for 8.1....However (and this is a really big however) a lot of whether its going to be available will be to do with your carrier. I'm on Vodafone in the UK and they can add weeks (sometimes months) to a rollout process. And then there's the question of regional rollouts......does Microsoft release it to the world in one go or region by region over a few days. I guess we'll know tomorrow.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
It would be really stupid for MS to begin official support for WP8.1 when it isn't even launched to the general public. Lets up they launch it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss