Windows phone 8.1 USB drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello there!
I have a Lumia 1020 with the windows phone 8.1 developer preview, and am experiencing a problem with my phone. I can't connect my phone to my Windows 8.1 laptop.
I have tried all of the solutions I found online.
I can't uninstall or reinstall the drivers as Windows does not recognize the phone, and lists it under "other devices" in device manager.
I have tried connecting the phone while it is off and have even tried changing the USB setings in the Bing search.
I guess the only other solution possible is to find the USB drivers and install them manually.
Can anyone provide a link to the drivers ? I can't find them anywhere online.
Or does anyone know of a solution to my problem?
Really guys, I would be very thankful.

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Umm so by power cycling you mean that I should connect it to the charger first and then unplug it and connect it to the computer?

tglaria

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I had to manually install the mtp driver, dont remember where.

Since then, everytime i connect the phone, the computer asks ne to reboot.
It only works once per reboot for me.

Havent found a solution.

Im using L 1020 with wp8.1 dev on a w8.1 pc
desde Tapatalk m?vil

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Do you remember if the drivers you downloaded were generic MTP drivers, or were they particular to the Lumia 1020?
Thanks for giving me some hope :)

Tornado92

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm also experiencing this. Mine is L620 running WP 8.1 DP

I've have tried everything from changing the USB cable to hard-reset the phone but nothing worked.

EDIT : I've also have tried connecting it to another PC but still no luck

Last edited:

prasanth1947

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm also experiencing this from the DP 8.1 released. Mine is L620 running WP 8.1 DP

I've have tried everything from changing the USB cable to hard-reset the phone but nothing worked.

me too have the same issue with my L620, did almost all tips but no luck.Hard reset done about more than 5 times and no count for softreset :)

battery is so worst irrespective of usage. Mainly it is dropping from 100% to dead over the night.

Went to Nokia care in India and they said that "we have to wait for official release and they reminded about the warning as well while we install DP 8.1"

I am pretty much happy if I get this resolved.

ntice_521

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
USB file transfer doesn't work in 8.1 developer preview. At least not on my 521.

No special drivers are required in any case...it's a standard MTP device.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Had to resort to connecting my 1020 to an old Windows 7 laptop but at least now I know it wasn't my pc that has an issue.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar issue with my device not finding drivers.

When the phone is connected to your PC restart the phone as I noticed the drivers got installed during the boot-up process

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar issue with my device not finding drivers.

When the phone is connected to your PC restart the phone as I noticed the drivers got installed during the boot-up process
Which OS does your PC run? I tried this method on Windows 8.1 Update 1, but it didn't work :(

debrgos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm also experiencing this. Mine is L620 running WP 8.1 DP

EDIT : I've also have tried connecting it to another PC but still no luck

I also had suffered the same problem about connecting my Lumia to my pc.Tried all measures like signing drivers,updating drivers,installing pc connectivity software downloaded from Windowsphone website and all that.NONE worked.Then I upgraded my pc operating system from windows xp to Windows 7.Since then my pc and my Lumia connect within 3 seconds.Please consider this solution if your pc runs xp

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I also had suffered the same problem about connecting my Lumia to my pc.Tried all measures like signing drivers,updating drivers,installing pc connectivity software downloaded from Windowsphone website and all that.NONE worked.Then I upgraded my pc operating system from windows xp to Windows 7.Since then my pc and my Lumia connect within 3 seconds.Please consider this solution if your pc runs xp

That is a no-go for me. My laptop runs Windows 8.1. I won't install another OS just to connect my phone to my PC.
Maybe i'll try it on a Virtual Machine, if it is possible. Anyone have any ideas about that?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Start it up in safe mode and then go into device manager - you should be able to see things there that aren't visible in normal mode. Remove anything related to the phone and try everything again in normal mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo