Notification bar not working

Philip Jacob

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I've updated my lumia 520 to windows 8.1 one month before.. Everything was working smoothly until today.. Now the notification bar is not working.. The notifications are shown on top, but I can't select it or swipe it.. I can't even bring down the notification center, which was the best change in 8.1.. Everything else is working perfectly.. I've tried hard reset and soft reset.. I've found that it's a problem with the top part of the screen, but there are no visible damages on the screen.. And how will it affect only the top part? Someone please help me.

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like your touchscreen has developed a defect or problem.
I would contact Nokia, its likely they would repair the device under warranty. (hopefully you still have it)

My Dell Venue tablet developed a similar issue a few months ago, while there was no visible damage and the device was treated fairly well, it still lost sensitivity in a corner/side where I could not do a swipe or select things in that region. Dell repaired it under warranty.

Philip Jacob

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I was planing to contact nokia about this but after one day it started working again there was no problem with the touch everything was working again.. But the next day it happened again now the notification bar is not working again.. So will this be a glitch in the update? Cause I've read a similar issue.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I was planing to contact nokia about this but after one day it started working again there was no problem with the touch everything was working again.. But the next day it happened again now the notification bar is not working again.. So will this be a glitch in the update? Cause I've read a similar issue.

I can't say, having not seen anything else here, but I would assume its temperamental touchscreen hardware, still warranting repair.
If a soft, then hard reset fails to relieve the problem, then its all but certain to be hardware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans